The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Greetings, Shorah...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitewalker
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Greetings, Shorah... Reply with quote

This is my introduction to you; last night...CET that is...I entered The Great Tree Neighborhood, met Jon and some other nice people...spoke a little with Jon about your cause here. Admittedly I felt moved, though to be truthful I don't sympathize with Sharper...I was present when he knocked down the barrier outside the pub, and I was not moved. But that is how I feel, it just felt wrong...for me. It looked like, well sort of like vandalism... dangerous and clumsy. But maybe I'm wrong...?

To be truthful this seems different...in a way the Tree seems more pure, its roots go deep; deep into the cavern, but its branches and leaves feel the desert wind, like they have been touched by Yeesha's tears, and cleansed. The water travels down into the cavern, it comes to us and refreshes our spirits...this path is different. Brian has let his heart be touched by the Tree and in so doing touched the rest of us. Let's not taint the dream with sides...the branches' leaves need the wind from all sides, need the freedom to express itself, back; openly...this should be our expression of freedom. Lets not get bogged down...keep the Tree alive. Let it grow tall, pure and proud.

Well that I suppose is how I picture you all here. I'll be dropping in tonight CET to chat. See you then, and it's nice to be here.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Greetings, Shorah... Reply with quote

Whitewalker wrote:

To be truthful this seems different...in a way the Tree seems more pure, its roots go deep; deep into the cavern, but its branches and leaves feel the desert wind, like they have been touched by Yeesha's tears, and cleansed. The water travels down into the cavern, it comes to us and refreshes our spirits...this path is different. Brian has let his heart be touched by the Tree and in so doing touched the rest of us. Let's not taint the dream with sides...the branches' leaves need the wind from all sides, need the freedom to express itself, back; openly...this should be our expression of freedom. Lets not get bogged down...keep the Tree alive. Let it grow tall, pure and proud.

Well that I suppose is how I picture you all here. I'll be dropping in tonight CET to chat. See you then, and it's nice to be here.

That's beautiful Smile But let's leave out the proud Wink

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah b'shem, Whitewalker, and welcome to The Great Tree Forum!

I agree with Liath about leaving out the "proud" statment... Wink

Have you hugged a tree lately?
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Whitewalker
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the 'proud' might offend, I am sorry... the meaning was, proud of whom you are as individuals, free...proud of the Tree as it moves with the wind. Trees are so proud in there grandeur...& I feel proud when I hug one too. Smile

We shouldn't fear being proud, it is a word we have come to stigmatize with so many negative connotations, I often do too. So forgive me for not explaining to you how I felt when I used it. My humblest apologies.
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of pride, look what's in the DRC intro message before you play Uru Wink Very Happy :

"We at the DRC are very proud of all the work that has been put into the restoration effort and are happy to welcome all newcomers to the underground city, known as D’ni."

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: