The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Project Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Project Schedule Reply with quote

Here is a projected schedule for this project.

Code:
Ahh, f*** it.

Script:
* This is the date for a 95% complete version of the script. [PA, MJ]
* Filming occurs over the next two weeks. [M, PA]
* During these two weeks, all comments on the script should be submitted. [Everyone]
* Filming dates should be announced several days in advance of this date depending on progress on script. [PA]

Filming:
* This is the last day of filming. All scenes public and privately shot should be captured. [JJ, PA]
* Assembly process begins before this date so missing scenes are identified in a timely manner. [JJ]
* Opening scenes should be assembled by this day and posted for comments. [JJ]
* Remaining assembly process concludes four to eight days after this day. [JJ]
* Script should be 100% complete on this date and provided to translators. [PA, MJ]

Assembly:
* Assembly of the first complete video (draft) should be complete on this date. [JJ]
* The script must be 100% complete on this date, and provided to translators. No more comments on script. [PA, MJ]
* There is only a three day period for comments on the video at this point. [Everyone]

Fin/Trans:
* Feedback on the video is resolved by this date through rapid, iterative updates. [JJ]
* Translations should be provided by this date [A, IQ]
* Video will be rendered for release [JJ]

Release:
* One day after Finishing/Translations [JJ]

Last edited by Durin Mephit on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have changed the schedule to correct for slippage this week, to try to speed it up some, and to make it a real schedule. This is as aggressive as I can stand; I can't do it any faster. Consider this to be "highly optimistic" and more likely that we'll still wrap in January. I need feedback from people who have roles assigned on how reasonable this schedule would be for you.

Going forward, at Professor Askew's request, I'll be managing the assembly of all of the episodes. But I still need others to assist. I am not going to tackle the scripts except to provide comments and changes; first drafts need to come from someone else.

I'd like someone else to take over the "GT Liasion" role to post announcements about GT filming dates, herd up the original participants in Uru Live who we'd like to reprise their roles, and announce the release of the episodes.

On this schedule, Sept 8 is the due date for the Episode 2 Script.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, I am working on the Epi 2 script right now and should be able to make the deadline. However, I am having trouble locating all the chat logs on the web site. Have some of them been moved or archived during a house-cleaning session?

Jean has begun some preliminary work on Epi 3 so I will start coordinating future output with her.

I am still available to do some filming but I would want two things to happen. 1) To make sure my set-up matches yours so that I can obtain the same clear shots you do. 2) I would be very comfortable as 2nd Unit Director/Photographer...gathering shots that don't involve actors (or just one or two). For example, shooting Laxman in the Nexus on the GT shard.

Also, Cycreim has offered to include art for these films. I would love to take advantage of that offer so I will be considering that as I write.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this post for which chat logs go with which episodes.

http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=9744#9744

According to Daedalus, the interview didn't actually all take place on one day. At a certain point in the interview, there should be a fairly obvious switch from discussing the sit-in to discussing other topics. We should stop the interview at that point for historical accuracy.
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please send me a copy of a finalized script so that I can make mine the same format for ease of use?

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, I've already printed that page and added it to my resource book/links. But, I would still like the opportunity to see ALL the chat logs at a glance and I'm not finding them on the site.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ,

Example: http://marten.treeweasel.com/UntilUru/GT_Episode_One_MartenEdit.doc

Professor,

That post has them ALL. Every one I could find on this website when I went looking on August 12. All of the chat logs not assigned to episodes are bundled under "(unused)" at the bottom of the list.

If you're convinced that there were other chat logs that are not present, have a chat with Daedalus.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I've tried my best to get the script format to exactly match Marten's but it's not going to. Word and I are already very angry at each other. Word seems to think it has the right to change my text margins at any time it likes, for any reason.

So basically, the whole section of dialogue is going to be aligned center. Sorry, I can't fix it. :/

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not obligated to use Word. And that script is based on Professor Askew's original version. Smile

You could post things as HTML, just as long as I can read it.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good to know.

I'm going to get some help from Brian when he gets home today about how the encounter with Phil making the Relto page reappear began and ended, who was taking the chat log, and what peoples' actions were (example, did Phil just disappear and reappear in different places?).
I'm hoping to get this script done by tomorrow evening. Smile Will post it later for critiquing.

KI#44727
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick note about the second chat log for episode 3... a guy named Brian is speaking, but I don't think it's Brian Fioca, and he and Phil seem to be referring to a Yeesha shirt, not the Great Tree jacket as Marten's note suggests next to the link to the chat log. Can anyone verify that we did not do any shortening of names in these chat logs? Bri doesn't recall if that was him in that log. (We doubt it.)

Not a big issue, just trying to set myself straight. Smile

KI#44727
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to polish up my video editing skills for that one. To make the page appear in place... I'll need to know where people were standing, too.

That's going to be a fun one Smile

The TotalTraining video I watched last night showed how to do just what I need, if I am correct. Muahahah.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another Brian.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that people that contribute very little to the conversation don't have to have parts in the episode. In the specific case above, we could trim Phil's comments about the shirt and shrink the conversation down.

Hypothetical

Original wrote:
phend: I am always on my Journey now. This is a good shirt, Brian.
phend nods his head.
Brian: Thank you. It was a gift from a friend.
Tweek: Ah, the gift from Yeesha.
phend: Yes.
Quintin: What happened to you, Phil? Why did you disappear for so long?

Revised wrote:
phend: I am always on my Journey now.
Quintin: What happened to you, Phil? Why did you disappear for so long?

For reference, the deleted text and action represents around 20 seconds of video. That is a substantial amount of time when you consider how little is actually said. So... historically accurate, but think "Reader's Digest."

PS: I also don't think that the conversation on numbers at the beginning contributes much.

PPS: I wouldn't mind the capability to split conversations like this off and reattach them to more appropriate discussion threads.
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the Yeesha shirt is an important topic that we should be sure to address at least somewhere, but I agree that it doesn't have to be here. When you really get down to it, there isn't a whole lot that's really important about the second chat log, I don't think. I'm looking through the chat log for December 4th, that we currently aren't using, and I'm adding some of Phil's more interesting lines into the second chat log, to sort of combine the two logs about his general visits to the 'hoods and get more of his messages across.

KI#44727
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: