The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode One - "November 2003"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rils wrote:
Marten wrote:
Thoughts?

Post a schedule of what yer filming where and when, and we can sign up for the times we are available. I'd love to help out, but until I see when exactly you would need us, I don't know how much I can commit!

~Rils

WEEKENDS!

The best time to film is weekends. That is when I need folks. And I can't film myself every weekend, so if others could share the tasks that would be awesome. If you can run a registered version of FRAPS or other video capture software, in 1st person mode with your KI turned off, for short periods of time... you COULD be a film maker! And that is not the only role. Continue to read, young padawan...

I've discussed a lot of "divying up duties" with Professor Askew... things like having someone else handle the project management aspect of this project, having someone be the social person who goes and posts on the different boards about the project and finds people from Prologue to reprise their roles... there ARE things that people can do.

What are your talents? How would you like to help?

To prospective filmers: And if you don't feel like assembling the footage, I could always accept CDs or DVDs in the USPS mail. We're going to have a pipeline of this content at different stages so the delay of a few days before I receive the media wouldn't break things at all.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filming with Zardoz is going pretty well, when Zardoz isn't crashing. The last part then will be to get a little Laxman in the Nexus. for that... going to need Ashtar's Special Help.
Zardoz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I had too much vino with dinner . . .

Razz
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were great, Zardoz.

These videos are going to kick so much rear-end, people won't feel their hineys for weeks.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game, Marten. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing this episode finished. Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've finally caught up with this thread. Judging by the number of poasts I made it seemed as if I was up to speed....but I wasn't. lol. Much of the time I was depressed over the situation with my PCs. Speaking of which, my lock-up issue was finally resolved earlier this week by yanking out one of my video cards. So, now I am free to play games with no time limits/lock-ups. Now I have to work backward and figure out why it won't work with 2 cards in SLI mode. But, I can do that at my leisure.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By your command exalted one Smile Just give us the word and we will setup a Nexus gathering plus give Laxman the proper duds.

Ashtar
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once school starts (3 days, YAY!) I'll have nice chunks of time free during the day to be an Extra, or whatever else you might need, female or male.

Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now happily assembling Episode 1 in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0. Very Happy It lets me put dropshadows on titles, so that you can read them on bright or dark backgrounds. Just the thing that I needed.

I will post the first preview of the revised work after I get the opening title image from Daedalus.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okiedoke. I'm going to make this public now.

First a few points:
* The script is almost finalized. What is represented here for the opening dialogue is not exactly the final wording but it is close.
* Tonight I will send out the script to translators.
* Tonight, as long as the power supply doesn't fail again (ask Ashtar), I will film the remaining scenes I need for Episode 1 on the Great Tree shard and proceed with further assembly. I have _got_ to get moving on this beyond the point where this video stops.

QT7 format: http://marten.treeweasel.com/UntilUru/Ep1Test7a.mov

The Zardoz and Phil scene will also be in this episode - but after getting through the Sharper scene.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the awesomest piece of Uru movie magic I've ever seen. That one dude in the Riven shirt and Red Toque(tm) is absolutely fantastic, wherever did you find him?!

Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I can't wait to see the rest. My only comment so far is in regards to the opening. I love love love the cinematography right there, but the phrase "Years ago, the DRC..." It's been, what, in the realm of about ten years or so? "Years ago" makes it sound significantly more than that, like, oh, 80 or 400 years ago. I don't know if that's part of yer "not-final wording" or not... Maybe you could say "Initially, the DRC..." or "For several years the DRC..." or "For 10 years the DRC and their Restoration Engineers worked without distracton" (or however many it was). I kinda like that last one.

Just my .02.

~Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!!! Razz

Rils wrote:
That is the awesomest piece of Uru movie magic I've ever seen. Rolling Eyes

looking forward to seeing the rest , too... Wink

jana Cool
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Ep 1 Credit disclaimer Reply with quote

I need a short, straight to the pont way of saying "The scenes you've just seen are recreations of events from Uru Prologue, accurate to the best of our ability and knowledge. Volunteers replace the roles of explorers who could not represent themselves."

I feel we need something better than what I just wrote. Something that won't give the translators a headache when converted to French or German.
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think this is pretty good.
Most of my ideas make it longer, and match what the movies often say in their disclaimers at the end.

Here's one, though:

"These events from Uru Prologue have been reenacted [or recreated] as accurately as possible. Volunteers stand in for explorers who could not reprise their own roles."

Eh! Confused

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion:

"These events from Uru Prologue have been recreated as accurately as possible.
Volunteers replace the roles of explorers who could not represent themselves Wink

jana Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: