The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Heek Competition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam Uraki wrote:
Heck, in the game it is my hood, so why not? Jon, you're the PR Rep for our hood.

The Great Tree is your hood? And here I thought it was everyone's hood... silly me!

But I second that; I think Jon would make a great PR Rep!

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite right, Saxy, quite right. But, I'm sure Kam just meant that he started the 'Hood therefore he can choose the 'Hood's PR spokesman. Or can he? Confused In any case, Jon is already acting very often in that capacity unofficially. And a fine job he does, too. Mr. Green
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was just kinda kidding... Embarassed

Thanks a lot to the guys that have volunteered to fight for our cause. Laughing Keep 'em coming, and there might even be macaroons in it for ya. Very Happy
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY JON!!! Very Happy And sorry Saxy, it is every member's hood, but as the founder and acting administrator, I think I have the right to make this call. Please don't take it the wrong way. If the members think I'm wrong in my decision, I'll gladly listen since they all have a say in how the hood is run. But I doubt anyone will have a problem with it since he's doing such a good job. Then again, eveyone seems to be calling me an ass lately, dispite of all the hardwork I'm doing, so maybe I'm wrong. You guys tell me. Anyway, like I said, congrats Jon.
Jon
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I would enjoy being designated to an official position as some kind of recognition for my efforts, I really have to decline. If I write persuasively, I want it to be because I have real passion for what I am doing, not because it's my job. Moreover, I don't want to discourage others doing what I do, or somehow arbitrarily declare myself better at it; if someone wants to make a post like mine, or organize intra-hood competitions, or do something even better that I haven't thought of, I would appreciate being asked for advice if they respect my abilities in the field. I DON'T have the right or the justification to require that all such attempts go through me or to have final say over the extent to which they are carried out.

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing because it makes me happy, and it makes other people happy, and because I'm good at it. That's what everyone is doing. Don't single me out for anything special just because it happens to be visible.

I apologize if my offhand comment to Brian misled you, Kam. It was only meant to be in reference to my title on the boards, and really just a glancing laugh at the secrecy I used to operate under.
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I just thought you deserved a title and it seemed appropriate. Oh well, no biggie. Thanks for all your work though. We really do appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: