The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Letter from Rand - Official UU Server Announcement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Letter from Rand - Official UU Server Announcement Reply with quote

Quoted from Grey Dragon on the UO forums:

Quote:
Well, hello again,

Today is a meaningful day in Cyan history. It's been about two years since the sad cancellation of Uru Live, and today we'd like to share with you that we have a new glimmer of hope for moving Uru forward.

Since Uru Live's cancellation you've kept Uru on life support with the Until Uru project - setting up your own servers to bring a bit of life to the cavern. Today we are taking a small but significant step forward by offering an official Until Uru server - the D'mala shard - available to any of you who already have Until Uru access and other Uru owners you want to invite. We've received limited funding from a third party that allows us to breathe some refreshing new life and optimism into all things Uru.

A couple points of clarification. Please don't confuse this official Until Uru server as a full renewal of Uru Live. Although we would love to announce that Uru Live was truly alive again, we're not there yet. And as such, even though our official Until Uru server will be a hub of activity and a central place for information and socialization, there will be no new content yet. And although we hope that this is the beginning of grand new things, there is of course the chance that this is just a brief reprieve. We should all remain cautiously optimistic.

This new Until Uru gives us and other parties a place to meet with the community and see what works and what doesn't - to pick your brain and get your opinions. Feel free to enjoy yourself and speak your mind to "surveyors" who ask you what you think. And feel free to invite friends and family who you think would enjoy getting back into the Uru community.

Of course, I've got to close by thanking you all so much for your support of Uru. We hope that you'll continue to stick with us and help shape the future of Uru.

Shorah,

Rand
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm excited. Right? I should be excited.... My primary concern is Cyan's level of participation. If it's limited....and there's no new content....I don't see many people jumping on board. I suppose members of the DRC may show up now and again....otherwise why post on the forum? We'll see.

This is very exciting.......I guess.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same reaction, Prof.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously interested in seeing how this pans out, personally. It's not like it'll cost us anything.

Has anyone successfully connected? I'm having trouble getting in touch with the authentification server.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, Cyc, I'm very curious. But, without new Ages to explore, or new parts of Ae'gura, the DRC is going to have to be fairly involved in order to grab the interest of many members of this group. Otherwise it's going to be the same old same old and that will only have short term benefits. We'll see.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I see what you mean.

I hope you're joining though, for risk management. If something DRC related happens it'll be on the official server, and I pretty much want to be there when (hopefully not if) it happens.

EDIT: Come on, Sympatico's DNS server! Update already!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'll be there! Wink With bells on. I have to see what the DRC are up to. Whether it's business as usual or if they're prepared to answer some very tough questions.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually even they're there just taking OOC suggestions about functionality and features and what not, that's still an exciting prospect.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there. Smile
Michael
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was just there. First I found Zandi standing in his chair, then I noticed the windmill was already spinning. Door to the tree was closed, though, so I had to go through the jounrey cloths. Linking to Relto initially was very fast. Crashed twice while trying to link to Gahreeson. Finally made it, got my KI and headed to Ae'gura. Lag wasn't bad. There were over 20 people in Ae'gura when I first linked in. Other thing I noticed was that there were no sounds, other than Zandi and Yeesha's speeches.

And that's my report, if you're interested. Laughing

So now I wait to find out when the DRC is going to be down there.
Master Mason, S. W. Hackett #574
Free & Accepted Masons of California
http://www.calodges.org/no574/
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyven, if you're reading this... it looks like you've created the GT 'hood on D'mala, but left the spare imager blank. Could you please put an invitation message up with your KI number somewhere so that we may reach you for invitations?
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall be there. Recieved my invite so hopefully be in there today and see you all again Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Branches return to the Gr-----aaaah, that's corny. Great to see everybody coming back.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem to be having a few problems. Know it's been awhile since I've played. I've installed Uru and downloaded the Until Uru client and installed that. I click on the Play Until Uru and it then launched a box saying 'checking for updates' and then either stops responding or says unable to download updates.

Have I done everything right? Or is it because a lot of people are trying to log in and it's just taking some time?

Thanks
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Farlesis, it seems to me you are doing everything correctly. I noticed a few little glitches during my travels back to the Cavern but I've always gotten in. Keep trying and let us know is you're still running into problems. We'll get you in there even if we have to sneak you in via gym bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: