The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Hood membership is optional

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Hood membership is optional Reply with quote

Just remember that nobody has to join the neighborhood to be part of the group, it's just if you want to. People should feel free to stay a part of their existing communities. But it is a useful place to go and meet and discuss ideas.

brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify...

We should encourage people to join our neighborhood if they want to, but we shouldn't just be focusing on gathering numbers. It's more important that people join because they want to be a part of what we're doing, especially since the DRC will notice. At some point there may be consequences, good or bad, for joining with us. Everyone has to want to be a part of this. No railroading just for numbers, that's not meaningful.

Thanks again for all the help!

Frank123
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Joining With the Great Tree, in Spirit If Not Fact Yet Reply with quote

I have carefully read the transcript of the meeting, and for whatever it is worth, I think the general ideas expressed are wonderful.

I, for the moment will remain a greeter (under another name), and strictly neutral, but off duty will wear my Yeesha shirt with pride, although with that uniform, I doubt I'll get invited to many DRC functions. Heh.

Clearly, DRC notwithstanding, in this age, D'ni is us. If you see someone lurking in the neighborhood, it is probably me, and I would never betray your trust. (so please don't release the big bug)
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank123

As Brian says everyone is welcome in The Great Tree Neighborhood whether your a member or not. Everyone is welcome. Since the hood has been made public its great to see so many people arriving Smile
Liath
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hood membership is optional Reply with quote

That is good, I want to be part of this forum, of your group, but I am already a member of a great neighbourhood, where I have friends.
We have many discussions there about the DRC and Yeesha, and Sharper. Some people like Yeesha a lot more than they like the DRC, but they are reluctant to show support openly, because of some actions that Sharper took (smashing barriers I think?).
Well, a hello from your newest member Smile

brian wrote:
Just remember that nobody has to join the neighborhood to be part of the group, it's just if you want to. People should feel free to stay a part of their existing communities. But it is a useful place to go and meet and discuss ideas.

Liath,
Also playing Ryzom, avatar name = Lavender
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Liath

Shorah and welcome

It's good that so many hoods are discussing these issues that surround Yeesha, Sharper and the DRC. I totally understand about some people reluctant to show there support openly. But hopefully with the direction the Great Tree Neighborhood and this forum is taking it will encourage more to speak and be open about there thoughts.

See you in the cavern.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been gone a few days, but I'm so glad to see things still moving along! Great job, everyone! Looks like the tree is doing some organic growth of it's own. Wink

Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we've been busy down there (or at least we were until this recent bug). 39 members and undoubtedly more coming. I'm not positive on this yet, but we may have more than the Safety First hood does. Cool Good work everyone. /tootsownhorn Cool (Hey if Jon can, I can Wink )
Camann
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around and this seems to be a good place to put it. I would appreciate an invite to the Great Tree Hood. Not sure if I will join or not but I will lend my support any time. If a member notices this then I'd greatly welcome an invite (is there one on each shard?).

Atrus KI #:670005
Katran KI #: 68523
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: