The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

What about other shard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daedalus wrote:
Professor Askew wrote:
Maybe someday, somehow, the shards will be intercommunicable. (Did I just make up a word?)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intercommunicable

Wink

Laughing Thanks, Daed! Never mind learning D'ni! I'm still learning English.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xptql wrote:
From what I've read from the interview with CyanBill and other places the Shards were always meant to be completely seperate, that was in fact the whole point of having shards in the first place. So it looks like they are probably gonna stay seperate. And I think we should try and not bleed them into each other, as it were.

I was thinking the same thing...

NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my thought was always that the shards were always going to be seperate right from the start.

Maybe when things are settled, for a month someone can go to the shards and set up a Great Tree hood, get it up and running, keeping an eye on it for that month and then leave someone responsible to look after it on that shard, and keep popping back now and again to keep an eye on things. Just an idea.
Thalia
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Great Tree Neighborhood on Katran, but who can grant membership? Let's at least get it off the ground.

It will grow all by itself, if you let it.

'My heart is mine to give to whom I choose.'

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Great Tree in Katran Reply with quote

Thalia and I tried to find some members a little while ago....no success
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we knew who set the hood up or who were members. Did it say anything on the imager in the hood? Like who were the top 10 Heek players. If you saw the names then you would know at least maybe where to start looking for members.
Thalia
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The imager is only showing the past visitors.

Like most all of us, I mainly use the Atrus shard and really do not want to maintain two separate avatars. However, it would be nice to have a place to go on the other shard when there are problems...which seems to be quite often lately. Sad

Let's get a few people over there to get it started. Then, with this forum and our evolving website, we can help it grow. Very Happy

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Geat Tree in Katran Reply with quote

Thalia, I started another avatar (Maharet) in Katran and then changed my neighborhood name to The Great Tree, so it is the only one there now. I'll be around, trying to recruit members.
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look for you there, later this evening. Very Happy

Most of our members are in the UO Neighbourhood...I think. Maybe they will also join us...

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Maharet
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: other shard Reply with quote

I found the original Great Tree neighborhood, so I deleted mine.
I tried getting into the original on, but couldn't...don't know what happened.
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea If the originator of the Neighbourhood on Katran would step up, we might be able to get something started...

It is quite impossible to join a Neighbourhood without the link from another explorer's Relto. So...the question is: 'Who opened the Great Tree Neighbourhood on Katran?' Question

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Dr. Freese
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently on both shards. seems most of my time is on katran because i cant get on atrus, which was what drove me to the new shard in the first place.

We have to realize that both shards are just 1 part of entire pie.. yummie. i have 2 slices. hehe

please i dont mean to step on anyone toes here or upset anyone with what i am about to say......

They are talking about creating a new shard.

We as a whole need to break up and spread the word to everyone on all the shards. It seems a lot of people only want to represent the atrus shard and that is fine, maybe we can recruite ppl on the other shards to create the hood, speak, hold meetings and so forth.

Then those few leaders can meet back report there findings and also report back to the members of what is going on.

if i am wrong i am sorry, but I know i have seen posts for meetings on other forums.... like i said I dont want to step on anyones toes. I have yet to be invited to meeting and i am new on your forum just thought maybe we can have some order and come together as a whole pie instead as a piece of the pie.. If not its cool. i am down with atrus too.. ;o)

GROUP HUG ... Embarassed Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing Wink
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dr Freese

Well I certainly don't think your stepping on anybody's toes, and if we can't express our thoughts, ideas and opinions with everyone then were going to be in a bit of a pickle. Open discussion and the free flow of ideas I think is very important to any group surviving and growing.

I really like your ideas and I think it would work about setting up hods on the various shards, it would certainly spread the word and bring in greater support. I know Maharet and Thalia have mentioned that there is a Great Tree Hood on the Katran shard, but at the moment we can't seem to find any members of it or who see it up. I might drop in on the Katran shard, I haven't been on it yet.

But your definitely not stepping on anyones toes. And if your on the Atrus shard at anytime your more than welcome to call in at The Great Tree hood.
Thalia
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We as a whole need to break up and spread the word to everyone on all the shards. It seems a lot of people only want to represent the atrus shard and that is fine, maybe we can recruite ppl on the other shards to create the hood, speak, hold meetings and so forth.

I couldn't agree more Dr Freese...Maharet and I were so frustrated the other day at not finding a home on the Katran shard. We are trying to determine who set up the initial Neighbourhood on Katran...and I'm hoping this Forum will help us with that. Albert has also stepped up, so I think we will have this resolved soon.

I honestly believe that the Neighbourhoods, on all shards, will grow by themselves once set up. I was surprised at the amount of interest on the Katran shard in the Great Tree Neighbourhood.

Atrus KI# 04664342
Katran KI# 02320140
Aahz
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the "The Great Tree" neighborhood on Katran was just a DRC neighborhood that someone changed the name on with their KI. That's happened to me multiple times on both shards, where I suddenly find myself in a different neighborhood. Just the name changed. People may not even have noticed it.

Atrus: 02529227
Katran: 02231030
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: