The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Are they resurrecting URU?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Future Possibilities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Are they resurrecting URU? Reply with quote

I'd like to start speculating about this because it's fun.

If they are, will they re-release the game or will they just start hosting new content? Will there be any new content? Will we get to see Sharper again?

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I mentioned elsewhere...Re-activating the DRC site/forum would be the easiest way for Cyan to be "actively" involved in Uru once again. In addition, the occasional visit by a DRC member into Uru wouldn't hurt either. Both are low cost, minimalist ways of going about it and whether that's through UU or gamerZunion remains to be seen. Anything more than that I dare not dream. I suppose it all has something to do with whatever deal Cyan has worked out with their new publisher...or maybe they're doing it on their own.

I don't know! It's a mystery! New Age content? I'm staying on the doubting side of that. But, new storyline is certainly do-able.
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine that anything Uru would be their primary focus right now, but it certainly seems that they're planning something Uru-related. If I'm right and it is just a side project, I'm with Prof in that it probably won't be anything big. But after this long without an Uru treat, just about anything official from Cyan would be big to me. Smile

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Jaharen
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it would be nice, I don't care if Cyan gives an official statement about anything Uru. I check their website almost daily to see any sign of life and while I'm told it's there, I don't see it. Even if it's just a statement about who their new publisher is or how they managed to survive, I want to see something new and official. Anything!
MOULa KI: #10750831
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy to see activity on the forum again. A lot of familiar faces and names that I haven't seen in a while. Very Happy

As for Uru I believe that there's valid hope for a future incarnation, but continuity will still be a problem in the overall sense. I'd hate to have to pretend that the xpacks and M5 ever happened. Wouldn't that make all those years of work on those products void? I certainly hope not.

I'm curious where this is leading. I hope that the next step is one to the future, and not just a reminder of the past.
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, why couldn't the X-packs exist in the story? The DRC pulled out and people were led on the journey by Yeesha a while longer.

As for MV.... well, either it is the future and is still part of the story, or its just another game based on something or other in the cavern (journals, or talking to Yeesha or "the guy on noloben" Wink about the Bah'ro).

Regardless, it certainly is exciting to see activity!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The expansion packs are fine.....continued exploration. I'm treating Myst V as another game. I mentioned it in another post here somewhere. The source of Myst V is still a mystery because it is obviously not based on Catherine's Journals. If not them...then what? Whatever Cyan used, they got it from the DRC. That's just another thing we might want to discuss with them if that day ever arises.
taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, wasn't there an interview somewhere, after the end of live or the x-packs, with Dr. Watson saying he was now working at Cyan to help with further games? Obviously its just because RAWA really does work at Cyan, but hey.... maybe Dr. Watson went on the journey, and then went to Cyan and gave them some stories from his journey and from his work on the restoration.

It could happen.
Sithly
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree , any activity gives me hope. Now my mind cant stop thinking of URU again.
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Sithly, I was hoping to escape the madness! Very Happy
Sithly
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Im stuck in Riven, which could be a good thing I guess Laughing
I hate to sound alittle behind the eight ball but is everyone here a part of the shards and really visitng the Cavern? I have no Key and have been to that sight to get one which says no longer available. Im just a little confused on what some people are talking about. Should I keep progress from URU or do you guys/gals not transfer that to the shards if indeed you do get on some where?

Sound like a kid dont I? Smile big URU fan
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, "kid", part of the mystery of all this new activity is what's going on with the Kagi keys to get into Until Uru.

I was in and out of the Cavern quite a bit during the first year of Until Uru. I got my key very early on and found UU fairly easy to work with. You do NOT import your saved game when entering UU. In fact, you need to load a whole separate version of Uru if you want to keep your saved game. Something like that. I had Uru saved to the default folder and then I had a whole other Uru saved to an Until Uru folder.

I haven't been in UU much this past year...a little less every month until now I don't even have it loaded on my machine. I'm waiting to reload it on my newest PC. And now I want to see if the future is UU (with new Kagi keys) or gamerzUnion I'm betting all this DRC activity will continue with gzu).

You'll have to wait and see at this point, Sithly. I find it hard to believe they will be coming out with more keys for UU. I could be wrong but I think they would have done it by now. Keep your eyes open here or at DRC or Uru Obsession for news.
Sithly
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean I feel like a kid , , a 35 year old Kid. Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean. I'm 43. Wink
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd BETTER be resurrecting URU Live. Or else they're getting a pizza with kind of gross toppings on it. >Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Future Possibilities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: