The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

GT TPOTS H'uru Server - News 12/07/04

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: GT TPOTS H'uru Server - News 12/07/04 Reply with quote

As you can see below in the pictures, we have made considerable progress with the TPOTS server. It took a lot of hacking and slashing to get to this point, and it's definitely not for the average user at this stage. But it's a small step and the Alcugs H'uru team is working hard on fixing the bugs. Jan (Tolip) and I had fun in a few of the ages.

UPDATE: Thought I would give you an update on some recent changes in the Tpots server. Your Relto is now a private age so you don't have to share the island with others Smile The only bad thing is that it required a semi-vault wipe. What I mean is that your Avatar is still in the vault and you don't have to run the cleft again, but all of the books are back in the pedestal on your Relto.

The server is getting more and more stable. Usually you can link to several places without crashing, and the disappearing cursor problem has been fixed. The ages still have issues, especially if two people are in the same age. But I'm sure that will improve in the coming weeks. Currently Almlys is working on a patch that will give us functional KI's again for chatting in the ages. We are all looking forward to that, although I'm getting use to TeamSpeak.

I've decided to make the GT Huru Tpots shard public now. I think it's stable enough for other users and it will be nice to have others watch as the server improves over time. So the instructions for getting on a Tpots server is at:

http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=16020

Just scroll down and you see instructions that I wrote up, and further in the thread instructions from Taerun that are a bit easier to understand. The hostname you need to enter in the Server Address box in UruSetup is:

tpots.servegame.com

Tolip and I have Admin KI's working in the Tpots server so if you need help in completeing one of the ages, or just want to be warped, we can accomodate your request Smile You can contact me on Yahoo messenger as uru_ashtar, and we also have a TeamSpeak server running at:

gtchat.hopto.org

Hope to see you on the shard!

I've added a few pictures below of myself and Mystlander having fun on the server after the pictures that were posted previously.

Last edited by Ashtar on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coooooooooooooollll.........I want in! LOL
jahuti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Guys!!
I can see that the H'uru software is at Alpha stage (very buggy but workable).
At this rate, it won't be long to Beta stage, and a new beginning. The two best things about it are being able to correct bugs and adding fan-made ages. No more putting up with a buggy Teledahn!
BTW: I *wondered* where Tolip had gotten himself to...
essjay
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Totally awesome Ash! I wanna go too!!!

Citizen of UU Shards
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the KI has not been re-programmed for text messaging, how are you and Tolip communicating online... TeamSpeak?

This is just too exciting, Ash!

URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystlander wrote:
Since the KI has not been re-programmed for text messaging, how are you and Tolip communicating online... TeamSpeak?

Actually the night we were on I was using MaBell, Telco, or other names you might have for your favorite long distance company Smile Since then, we will probably be using Yahoo messenger for our communications, but haven't checked yet whether or not the voice chat will work with Tpots loaded. Hopefully the H'uru team will get our broken KI's operational soon.

BTW, my Yahoo messenger user name is uru_ashtar if you want to get added to my friends list.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we discussed this subject last February... Topic: Great Tree Chat. You can find the string here: http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=200&highlight=

Since the KI for H'uru TPOTS has not been re-programmed, I have set up an URU Chat Room on our Sabre Corps TeamSpeak Server that will allow both text & voice messaging online for up to 32 people.

TeamSpeak provides quality sound and uses very little bandwidth, because it was specifically designed for online gamers. Since its release, we have been using TeamSpeak while playing Delta Force, Black Hawk Down, Comanche 4, Joint Operations & Operation Flashpoint online.

You can download the TeamSpeak 2 Client for FREE here: http://www.goteamspeak.com

If you wish to use TeamSpeak in order to enhance your H'uru TPOTS online experience, just send me a PM and I will respond with the Server IP address and password.

Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'll bump this to the top of the list because it contains some important news for those keeping track of the H'uru TPOTS project.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ash!

Have you noticed the three raised pillars on Relto? I've been a very busy woodchuck, in an attempt to retrieve the Cleft linking book! Laughing

However, now that we have the Eder Kemo linking book on our shelf, I think I may need your help completing the Eder Gira age... Perhaps you could get the baskets in place, while I transport fireflies? Razz

Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incredibly awesome. I really hope I'll be able to see you guys in D'ni again soon! Very Happy

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: