The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Help the Uru Comic get off the ground
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackRaven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, or we at Third Restoartion could host it for you. We've already got a gallery system that we made for Inki's Uru field journal that would fit perfectly with a webcomic (with some minor tweaks).

http://www.thirdrestoration.com/fieldjournal.php

Smile
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

Permission granted. So begins the story.

Ideas welcome, still looking for a colorist.
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're looking for a colorist, then perhaps carterhawk at the UO Forum might help...for my Sorukan Project, he has helped colour sketches...

as an example: here is a coloured image made fron a pencil drawing: http://s7.invisionfree.com/Gadren/index.php?showtopic=7

i don't know if he's talented enough for what you're looking into, but he might be able to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
albertbowen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting... if you could get extended permission to do 'flashbacks' from time to time based on content from the novels....

...you just might spark more interest in Cyan Worlds, meaning....

....perhaps more support for more EXPANSION PACKS!!!!

Very Happy Surprised LONG LIVE URU!!! Surprised Very Happy

--Grinch

Pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard...
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would any writers please give me a hand? Doing the art is ok with me, but making a solid first story seems kinda challenging. Anything advice or ideas would be welcome.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vormaen

Well I don't believe in any kind of rules when it comes to writing. I've learn't over the years that if you start sticking to rules on how your supposed to write etc you only end up boxing yourself into a corner. I once read Hubert Selby's 'Last Exit To Brooklyn' and that just blew my head, here was a writer who wrote pages without any full stops or comma's, it was like going on a rollercoaster ride. Or you could try William Burroughs 'cut and paste' technique, just to confuse everyone Laughing He would write pages, and then cut it all up and re-arrange it. So I say all rules are meant to be broken when it comes to writing. Find what's comfortable with yourself.

When I write I usually have a title, I know the beginning and 98% of the time know how it's going to end, it's the inbetween bit that always gets me Very Happy If you have an idea of what the story is going to be about, maybe write a short paragraph of the plotline, what you think will happen, characters that are involved. Drop me a line if you want any more advice or ideas.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: URU Comic Update Reply with quote

Anyone who wishes to submit a storyline for Vormaen's URU Comic may do so in this forum topic...

URU fans who would like to follow Vormaen's progress on the first installment may do so here: URU: Ages Beyond Myst Comic

URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still looking for a colorist?

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not quite sure what to do about a colorist. In my mind I thought about doing it myself, but jeez, this is a mjor project and it'll kill me if I take everything upon myself. I had one person interested, but I have not heard from him in some time, plus the fact he isn't an Uru fan and has no idea what colors go where (example: Yeesha outfit)

I will let you know what I decide on, but if you have someone in mind, please, let me know. My email link is on my website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: