The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Great Tree Pizza Day at Cyan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Pizza Day! Reply with quote

Well I think I'm all ready to go. The pizza is ordered and hopefully Domino's will have it there on time. They have delivered to Cyan before so they should know how to find it. The jackets arrived on Wednesday and they look great. The letter from Farlesis and it's translation are printed. The professor's letter that will be presented with each of the jackets are printed. And right now I'm charging up my camera batteries.

I called Bill Slease yesterday and he will be giving MsLorene and I a tour before the Pizza fest. I hope we can get some nice pictures before and after the party, but I know the Cyan staff is pretty busy right now.

About the only thing left to do is to find the place. Neither of us has been out there before so hopefully it won't be too difficult. I printed a map from Mapquest so that should help.

Right now it's 7:00AM so just a few hours to go before the feast. Now it's time to relax and wake up a bit with some favorite coffee. As soon as I get back, I'll get to work on the pictures and post them somewhere that will be easy access for everyone.

See you all when we get back Smile
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun!!
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm back!!! What a great time! First off, I want to thank Bill Slease, Ryan Warzecha, and the rest of the Cyan crew for being so open and hospitible. It's no wonder why the fans care a great deal about the people who work there, it's because they care a great deal about the fans.

Everyone enjoyed the pizza fest. I'm glad I got 15 large pizzas plus the wings as there was not much left Smile People were coming up quite often thanking me for what the Great Tree did for the employees, so feel proud that we did some good for the great bunch at Cyan. I read the letter that Farlesis wrote and it was certainly appreciated. And yes, Richard Watson did get a chance to scrutinize it, but I think he was pleased with the result. Then I handed out the jackets along with the letters from the Professor. Unfortunately, Rand wasn't there but Bill said he would try to get a picture to us with all four of them with their jackets.

I've got some pictures to put up, but those I need to go through and process. Unfortunately, MsLorene couldn't make it so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.

And yes, I did get to see some neat stuff in XP2 - The Path of the Shell Smile They almost had me sign a NDA, but Chris from legal said that it's close enough to marketing that I could spill the beans. I will post that in the spoilers section. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me take any screen shots, but I'm sure you will see a few coming up from Ubisoft in the next few weeks.

All in all, I had a great time and wish the rest of you could have been there. And besides their great hospitality, they loaded me up with goodies to bring home, a collectors dream Smile I hope someday I can go back there again just to chat with some of the other people I never had the chance to meet, like Rand.

OK, like I mentioned, look in the Spoilers section for what I can remember about XP2. All I'll say here is that I'm sure the fans will not be disappointed, it looks fantastic.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fabulous, Ashtar! Glad you had a good time and that everything went off without a hitch.

Now, that we've sent you as a spy...and you've come through for us.....I'm not sure I'm going to peek in the Spoiler section. LOL Laughing Do you think it's safe? Is it just a little tease? A little hint? I don't want to know too much. Which is nothing new for me.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ashtar

That's great news to hear, and like the professor says glad to hear that everything went well without a hitch. Can't wait to see a picture of all four of them wearing the GT jackets Very Happy Will have to keep nagging Bill for it to be taken. Thanks for doing and organising this Ashtar and to the professor as well for the GT jackets.
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 cheers for Ashtar and all those who helped with the Pizza Day effort!!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzzahh!

Now I'm off to see the spoilers....

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kehrin
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, what fun! Thanks for the report, Ashtar!

I'm not sure I want to peek in the spoiler section or not. I kinda think it would be fun not to see it until I actually get to play it, but I don't know if if I have the will power to resist. Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay strong, Kehrin. I'm in your corner. I've gotten pretty good at staying out of the Spoiler section. I want a completely uninformed experience when the PotS comes out. LOL. PotS....I like that. And June is not very far away at all.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man! That rules! I really wish I could've been there. Thanks, Ash! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grey dragon sent us all a thank you by way of Uru Obsession.

http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=35&t=9479&s=500faecaae29b0557de2a2bd03c80624

I think that's swell.....
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also told me to post this:

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome!! Crying or Very sad I feel like a proud poppa.....
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow brilliant picture. Thanks for posting it Brian.

LOL professor. You did a brilliant job with the jackets.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great picture Brian, and it was very nice of Ryan to send it. He and Bill were a lot of fun and it was nice to meet them in person. I have another picture of Ryan, Bill, and Ryan Miller holding up their jackets shortly after presenting them. I'll post those soon.
Kehrin
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That jacket turned out great! Thanks for posting the picture.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: