The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Ashtar's XP2 News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Ashtar's XP2 News Reply with quote

Ashtar, between here and UO I'm getting the feeling there's been some technical improvements or additions to the next expansion pack. I can't be specific because I don't read the Spoiler section as a rule....

Would you be so kind as to repost those types of things here on this thread? I don't want to know about story content or Ages or any of that stuff. But, I wouldn't mind knowing about the technical stuff. That way I'm ready when the game's released.

Thanks.
Gadren
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll go ahead and take ashtar's post and cut out the "age stuff"...

Quote:
During my visit to Cyan, I was fortunate enough to get a preview of the next expansion pack. Although I can't recall everything I witnessed during the 30 minutes or so I was glued to the monitor, I'll try to recall as much as I can while it's still fresh in my mind.

...XP2 will start out with a new linking book in our Relto. How it get's there is another question

Our Avatar will have some new capabilities, like swimming. Now we can refresh ourselves in the various pools! And there will be critters we can interact with! Bill told me the name of one of the critters, but for the life of me, I can't think of the name now. Maybe I should have carried along one of those portable recorders All I can remember is that it looked like a crab that wanted to play or crawl on your feet.

Also, we can now keep a journal. And the cool thing about this journal is that you can export/inport directly to/from HTML. So if you want to post your journal to a web page, it will be a snap.

I can't forget the puzzles. Bill mentioned that one of the puzzles in the game is probably one of the most difficult ever devised at Cyan, and there will a lot more of them than what we saw in XP1. I was shown a few of them, and they look mind numbing And believe me, the people at Cyan do listen to the explorers. There will be no more jumping or dexterity puzzles. But the impression I got was "They want puzzles? We will give them some puzzles to fry their brains!"
I was fortunate enough to visit with Tim Larkin a bit and he played some music from the next XP. I wish I did have that recorder. The music he played sent chills up my spine, and this was just pre-production before the singers are dubbed in.
So new linking books, beautiful ages, new Avatar & KI capabilities, mind numbing puzzles, new journals, wonderful music, and what looks to be loads of fun. Have you pre-ordered yet?

One more thing, I did ask Bill about the future of XP3. And it boils down to this folks. It will depend entirely on the sales of XP2. So if you were thinking about giving a copy to a buddy, or downloading from a pirate site, please don't! You will only be hurting yourself, Cyan, Ubisoft, and the rest of the fans. Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gadren! And I'm sure Ashtar thanks you...you saved him all that editing time. And that's all I want to know about that and that's that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> URU Expansions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: