The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

My return to D'ni (a little hint for getting started)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: My return to D'ni (a little hint for getting started) Reply with quote

Done with my day's work, I came home for a bite to eat, then opened my Relto book. It was time to return to Uru.

Yeesha had visited in my absence. At first I could only discern one change: A green book on the right bookcase. It promised yet another book that I would soon find. My interest was piqued, though I was disappointed that she had not simply placed the new pathway in my bookcase, or perhaps added a new pillar. But, Yeesha's way is not the direct way. My journey had begun once more.

I thumbed through the volumes on my left bookshelf. My neighborhood link was still there! I eagerly linked through, but where I arrived was not in the neighborhood I had known. Yeesha had made one other subtle change to my Relto. My neighborhood book now connected me to one of the oldest of the 'hoods: Bevin.

I wandered around a bit. At the base of the stairs stood the remains of a Heek table, sputtering and flickering despite its decrepit state. I wondered if this Heek table had collapsed during the DRC's move-out, or if it had been this way all along. As I stared at it, I kept thinking of a song from Les Miserables: "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables."

More interestingly, I found that the pedestal in the auditorium in Bevin differed from the one in the Great Tree 'hood. A large blue sphere, when depressed, activated a recording of a man's voice. Sadly, I could not decipher the words, for they were in the ancient D'ni tongue, but I could distinctly hear the names of places. I am quite certain that he used the word "Ae'gura" at least once, if not twice.

I also found a page written in D'ni in the classroom.

I wandered into the linking room. The DRC had apparently not removed quite all of the pedestals to the Nexus upon their departure. They left the one in their own neighborhood! Grinning, I linked to the Nexus and from there to Ae'gura. My smug expression wilted more quickly than a water lily in the desert - I found most of the island city blocked off. Curse them! The DRC had done this on purpose... they knew that at least one person had remained in the cavern. That thought stirred me to my first task: To determine who that person might be. Would he (or she) be competition, or co-conspirator?

Silly me. I found my answer right back in Bevin. The remaining individual had been visiting that neighborhood in my time away, and the evidence was right there on the imager log! I knew where I needed to go next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> URU Expansions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: