The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

My Myst Journal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry 12:

Incredible. That was one of the coolest ages I've seen. Granted, I've got a very small cross-section, but still.

I linked in on the boat that didn't work. When Atrus said "bound to the rock", he meant it. I checked the lighthouse. It was dry. Thank God.

Sirrus's room was as ornate as te others. Interesting to see what is practically a palace in a cave. There were flags in there which resembled the pirates flag in the Mechanical age. Is it possible he used the pirates to turn Mechanical to desolation? If it is, then I'm freeing either the sadistic manipulator or the homicidal maniac.

Achenar's room, besides the ribcage lamp, held no surprises. There was a hologram projector that showed a rose changing into a skull. Okay. so now he's a DISTURBED homicidal maniac.

The linking room was te best part. All ornate wood, well varnished, huge windows, a vast saircase...I'm beginning to remind myself of Sirrus.

They both told a sad story about how they wee the victim.
Sirrus said Atrus didn't know which one was killing everybody, so he imprisoned them both, and went off to investigate, and free the innocent one with full apologies.

Achenar said Sirrus decieved Atrus into thinking Achenar was guilty. but then he let something slip, So Atrus imprisoned them both.

conflicting stories. Eiter one, or both, is/are lying.

They never tried to get out, and I learned that there was still one more page. They both told me how to find it, and the directions were identicle. They also said, "don't touch the green book". If they agree, and it's to not do something, Then maybe I should do what they don't want me to do.

to be concluded...
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry 13:

I opened the green book. It turned out to be a linking book to D'ni. Wherever that is.

Like with the red and blue books, this book had a stationary viewing point in the descriptive panel. It focused on a desk. There was a man sitting there, And after afew moments, he noticed he was being watched. apparently, he had a linking book to Myst that he could see me through. This is what he said, as best asI can remember:

"Who the devil are you?"

At this point, thought it might be better if we could tak face to face. But what he said stopped me.

"Don't come here to D'ni! Not yet! I have many questions for you, my friend, as you no doubt have for me. Where should I begin? perhaps my story is in order.

"My name is Atrus."

At this, I gave a little jump.

"I fear you've met my sons, Sirrus and Achenar in the Red and Blue books on Myst Island, in my library. That library containedmy works. My writings. I wrote many books that linked me to fantastic places. It was an art I learned from my father many years ago. But the Red and Blue books had a special purpose. I wrote them with ways of destroying the linking boks left behind, geysers and things, So I could set it up and leave, and the Age would becomea trap o any greedy explorers who might stumble apon my Island of Myst. But I had no idea my own sons would be entrapped.

"My sons. Sirrus and Achenar. We had many journeys together. I gave them free reign to the books. perhaps it was not wise. I could see the greed growing in them. I had not told them about the red and blue books. Their imaginations went wild. They dreamed of riches and power. And they did not know the colored books were traps. They begged me for access to theose books and I of course denied them.

"They devised a plan. An evil plan. I had no idea to what extent their greed had progressed. They used their own mother-oh, my dear Catherine- to lure me here to D'ni. Of course, Icould return to Myst, but they removed a single page from my Myst linking book. I cannot return without that page. You, my friend, can bring that page to me. If you could find it in yourself to return that page to me here in D'ni, I could go to Myst, and bring justice to my sons for what they have done. I must return to my writing. please hurry. Bring the page. Bring the page with you."

And he went back to his book.

It wasn't too hard to find. The directions on how to find the page were spread out over 2 of the ages, though. With the page in hand, I went back to the book and linked to D'ni.

"you've done the right thing. I have a difficult choice to make."

After several minutes, he made that choice.

"My sons have betrayed me. I know what I must do. I shall return shortly."

"shortly" turned out to be 10 minutes. But when he came back, he didn't explain. He just said

"It is done. I have many questions, my friend, but my writing cannot wait. I fear my long delay might have already had a catastrophic impact on the world in which my wife is being held hostage. As for a reward, All I have to offr is my Library on Myst, and the books that are contained there. feel free to explore at your lesure. You'll no longer have my sons to deal with. I might require your assistance at some point in the future. I am fighting a foe much greater than my sons could ever have imagined. But until then, you can enjoy Myst, andall the ages thatit links to. I hope you find your explorations satisfying."

He handed me the Myst book, thanked me again, and I linked away.

The library looked different, mainly because the trap books weren't there, nor anywhere else, either.

>Historian's note< The game took many deails and changed them around a bit. esecially the ones based on this entry. The main reason that there isn't much of an ending was that the Riven journal wasn't nearly enough to describe the world, so Robyn, Rand, and Ryan Miller had to learn D'ni in order to read the rest of the material pertaining to that point in history. It has been a great pleasure giving this journal to my fellow explorers on the web, and I hope to see you in D'ni sometime soon on Yeesha's jouneys. I will be taking a little while longer with Riven, as that one, while still not enough information to extract a world from, s more complicated that this one. Until that point, feel free to copy this to a single document to read at your lesure.
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what did you think????
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turns out, the millers really had 2 Riven journals, and accidentally gave me the one Yeesha wrote when she was 5. She was better at writing Ages than semi-fictional narratives, but it still is pretty decent work for someone that age. I will post the actual one, which is much more detailed, over the next however-long-it-will-take.

Out Of Character: WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?! NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE TOO MUCH DETAIL!!! I want my mommy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: