The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jmp12
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Right now,

I know Blade and Eleri are playing Ingress, and I started last week.

Are any other TGTers participating?

I hadn't heard of it til now. The wiki page makes it sound kinda complicated.

Not that that's bad, but I don't know how deep down that rabbit hole I'd want to travel. o.O
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

The DRC forums live once again.

http://forums.drcsite.org/
Tai'lahr
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm making my very first post to this forum. Very Happy Yes, the first, even though I registered here more than six years ago. Embarassed And, I'm here on a mission.

Right now, I'm wondering what section of this forum would be the most appropriate place to post a query about the Myst-Uru Community's history. It would be similar to what I've posted on the MOUL forum in a thread called, Circle of D'ni.

Also, right now, I'm grateful to have the DRC forums back. *sighofrelief*
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice surprise out of the blue, or even heaven-sent ... Razz

Right now sounding a belated 'Welcome to The Great Tree!' trumpet and applause for our Tai'lahr ... Smile

Right now this was the official welcome party for you, Tai'lahr, in response to your inquiry I suppose we'll better wait for someone of the more longterm members around here ...

Of course, I can tell you too, and you could think of it yourself to look around and to realize that the posts here go as far back as 2004 and you could just post your inquiry anywhere you feel appropriate to ... The most frequented and watched thread/topic though, in a more lurking manner I'd say lol, would be this 'Right Now' thread here ...

So, right now, everyone who feels so inclined and inspired to help this wonderful lady out with her research project, please come to the fore and enjoy the journey into the history of the Uru-Myst Community with her ... Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

The earliest postings go back to at least December 2003, and Brian's account is dated 24 Jun 2003. Smile

Either here in "Randomness" or over in "The Cavern" would probably be fine.
Tai'lahr
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, the deed is done: Community History: Circle of D'ni
Thanks for the quick replies, Janaba & Marten. And, for the warm welcome and advice.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, our hood is gone and must be recreated Sad
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

Yup. Someone will have to create and own the avatar "The Great Tree" when things come back up.

Big Responsibility! Cool
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I just love those situations, final endings and new beginnings instead of just dragging along into a slow but certain death, though never really knowing and just waiting, and for what(?) ... lol ... Razz

Right now I believe this is a wonderful opportunity for the community, old and new, in case they'd choose to seize it, to start anew along with all the great prospects for expansion etc. Cyan in cooperation with some of the community have provided us with lately ... the same applies of course to 'The Great Tree of Possibilities' ... Smile

Right now I'd say that most of us might not be too passionate about really 'going or delving deep into that all' anymore if at all lol, which raises the question of the purpose of creating such a neighborhood at all, just for the sake of having it(?), and this lets us all ponder and contemplate more deeply again what we're doing here, what anyone might still be hoping or expecting, if anyone might still be willing to indulge him/herself into sth in Uru/TGT/the cavern etc...

In general and as for myself I'd say, I am not passionate about Uru anymore, but I won't erase it from my harddrive for now lol, besides that I sometimes visit the shards and look into the fan ages in my offline Uru version, and so, yes, it'd be nice to have such a hood/refuge for a spontaneous visit of the cavern or in case we'd just decide for an impromptu get-together or whatever, and above all 'The Great Tree of Possibilities' is just an absolute focal point in Uru and the D'niverse ... Yeah, food for thought, everyone, and just what came to my mind right now ... Very Happy
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, there's a Great Tree hood again, though I don't think it has the right features in it. I put Moiety Jean and TGT on the same account so.. I guess I'll need help getting into our neighborhood. Laughing

I very rarely visit Uru but every once in a great while I get a friend into it and hit the nostalgia pretty hard. Smile I like to know it's there for me if I want to go back. And, I guess part of me still hopes that some of its potential will be realized eventually, whether that's from fixing issues, high-quality fan content, or just a great big remake someday.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, thanks MJ! Cool
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also, The Great Tree's current KI number is 50305. (50505 would have been pretty cool. SO CLOSE.)

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, maybe one of you guys know the answer to my questions:

I'd like to see if I can refresh our hood's features and get different ones.
If I delete the neighborhood I already made,
1) will the features change when I make a new one?
2) will the name be exactly the same or will there be a number or something appended to show it's the second neighborhood I created? (I don't want this to happen so I'm checking first.)

KI#44727
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, those questions would be good to throw onto the MOULa forums. Or, PM Chogon. Or, both (ask on the forum, and point out the post to Chogon so that there can be a public answer). I imagine he will be receptive to answering you.

Edit: Talk like a pirate day was last week. Added a missing word.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, great MJ, who can be more proficient and better qualified to bear and shoulder such a huge responsibility (pun intended lol) than our 'First Lady of The Great Tree' and together with our 'Fearless Leader' we're perfectly set ... Cool

Right now I just completed my Uru Prime journey, but I didn't look into the Nexus anymore before I left, so I didn't see it, though I did look for a TGT hood before ... However, great and interesting to hear, let's see when we'll all meet after you've cleared those hood features with Chogon, and yes I'd ask him directly per PM and maybe on the forums too, as the answer might be interesting for many, in case there'd be an adequate, applicable solution for all ... Very Happy

Edit: I just see that you've posted it already on the MOUL forums, MJ ... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 368 of 375

Jump to: