The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

LOST... theories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: LOST... theories? Reply with quote

OK all you LOSTies out there...

with only 6 episodes to go (ok... 7 if you count the 2-part finale) where do you think everything is going to end up?

How are they going to tie all the craziness up?

Jacob? Dark Man? Egyptian motifs? Underground Frozen Donkey Wheel of Time and Space? The lives on the Island vs Off the Island?

Post yer thoughts... insightful and mind-blowing... or otherwise Wink

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly gave up trying to predict where the show was gonna go. The writers operate on a completely different wavelength than I do and I've not been able to really be able to speculate. I love the show, but I realized I loved it more when I wasn't banging my head into a wall tryong to anticipate the story Wink

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fantastic exchanges of ideas every Wednesday with a work mate. We both feel we're on the right track in understanding what's being played out. We feed off each other pretty well bringing up topics from the night before and tying it together with past episodes.

But, we also share an uncanny talent for porposefully forgetting everything we talked about every Tuesday night when the next new episode comes on so that we can enjoy it with no pre-conceived notions. As has been pointed out by many, it's not the destination, it's the journey.

It's very easy to take a simple story and convolute it when you know how it's going to turn out. I'm sure the producer/creators get a big kick reading to what lengths fans are going to understand every detail or the many hundreds of theories that are out there. I'm in the camp that believes Cuse and Lindelof have everything in hand and that they will create a satisfying conclusion.

With that said, I don't think either reality will exist in the end. The Losties in the Sideways universe, after having become aware of their Island counterparts, will sacrifice themselves so the Original Timeline can continue. And in continuing, the island Losties will sacrifice themselves to end the battle between Jacob and MIB.

As far as all the little details, I have no idea. I also have very little interest in knowing how wrong or right I am....until the end. Wink

Whether anyone gets off the island before the end, I have no idea.

This theory does not address why the island is in the bottom of the sea in Sideways 2004. It does not account for Adam & Eve (who I think is Jack and Kate, both representing dark and light and not having a siginificant other in their lives, though they came close). But, if it is Jack and Kate, did they go back in time one more time?

There are still a ton of questions and I enjoy poking at everyone's theories, including mine, with a stick to see if they're still breathing. But, I'm along for the ride and having a great time.
homerjay
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End....at Last......(has been put out of misery)
I've pretty much got mixed feelings on how this story has come to a close.
I'm not gonna give any spoilers just yet, in case a few haven't seen the Finale.
Alot of questions were finally answered/explained, but still left with just as many.
I enjoyed the Finale, don't get me wrong, I'm kinda like...I'm not disappointed with how it all ended,
but I don't quite feel the closure that I was hoping for. I reckon thats what "hype" is all about.
All in all, it was & is a great show & story.
Thank you Lost Cast, Crew & Writers
oldmanjob
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not disappointed with the ending as I have never seen the beginning Laughing Laughing
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in the same boat as you, homerjay...

I liked the finale, but didn't find it very filling, at first... then I let it settle in a few day and think about it.

All the folks screaming "every question wasn't answered", i think, have forgotten that not every question in a fantasy *ought* to be answered. They put in an awful lot of magic here, and magic can't be explained... or else it isn't magic anymore.

We don't have answers to questions like "How do linking books work?", and "How can one bean make a giant beanstalk?", and "Can a wolf REALLY blow down a house?"... and what's more we don't NEED those answers to make the stories work.

So yeah... I'm pleased. I think the writers are a little crazy... but they're in good company.

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: