The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 336, 337, 338 ... 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, it's funny to see how often TGT pop ups when archiving chat-logs. Cool
Prof Julian Lapin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm spreading the word about Tweek. He's one of THEM. THEM!!!
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-H-E-M? *AAAH*

Right now, so Tweek is one of the mariachi's?! Shocked
Tomala
Uber Explorer
Uber Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prof Julian Lapin wrote:
Right now, I'm dreaming up elaborate ways of trolling CrisGer. They all seem to revolve around Narwhals and Glenn Beck, for some reason.

Right now this makes me laugh.
Tweek
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm glad to see I'm not the only one tired of CrisGer's crap.

I am also making a cup of tea in the bid to wake up.

Also, right now..I'M ONE OF THEM!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm happy to report that I got two new people into the Cavern....sort of.

One is my brother who participated briefly at the very beginning of Prologue...with a dial-up modem. He's now in the Cavern in search of more RAM but anxiously exploring all that he missed.

The other is a co-worker whose never seen any of it so I'm very excited for him. Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten into the cavern yet due to some runtime server issues that we're working on.

I'm also happy to report that Mystlander has found her way back into the Cavern! YAY!! Unfortunately, she can't find her way back to these fora due to password forgetfulness and a new email address. I have reached out to Brian and Jean to help out on this one.

And I'd love to hear more on this ChrisGer situation. I'm learning to adopt the soap opera that is Uru rather than turn away from it. LOL
Tweek
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm ready to Hulk out on something.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I think Tweek is too vague in his posts. I want SPOILERS dammit! I don't care if they don't have anything to do with Uru or TGT. LOL

Confused Okay, I'm bored.
Tweek
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, RL stuff.

My folks were due to come over at the end of the month to visit us, but Dad needs a visa due to a scrape he had with the police when he was a kid around 50 years ago, really trivial stuff (like taking a bail of hay for his pet rabbit).

They're not going to give him the visa, they're also not going to not give him it either, they need to consult with homelands security, which will take another 4 months to do.

Then Home Depot rang.
Now we bought a washer from them back in June when me and Kez moved into our new place. We gave the girl there our address who wrote it all down right. We were supposed to get a Home Depot card and the bill after 6 months. We never got anything from them at all (aside from the washer oddly). The new year came around and Citi Bank started ringing us, never leaving a message explaining who they were or why they were ringing, Kez didn't have an account with them as far as she knew. I spoke to them 3 times in the end, it took the third attempt to find out they were ringing due to the home depot stuff. We explained we never got a bill or a card. Turns out they got our address wrong, so the bills were being returned to them, this started in December). Finally got it sorted out, Kez sent a bill off on Saturday.

They rang us to day harping on about the payment, which I told them we sent off, the guy on the phone then started treating me like I'm some poor wretch who can't afford to live in the house, because THEY messed up and wouldn't give us the information or bills we needed to pay.

As you can imagine, I didn't take to kindly to the patronizing tone and insinuations from the service rep.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. A familiar refrain. Sorry to hear about the headache, Tweek. I really, really, really, really hate that crap.

I had a very similar incident not so long ago with Comcast, the evil cable empire. I won't go into details but it involved a $30 charge for a house call that I didn't ask for, and little to no Internet service for three weeks. I was steaming. I argued my way through as best as I could but in the end I paid because they didn't care if they lost me as a customer and I couldn't afford to lose the Internet. So, now I despise them rather than just hate them.

As far as your Dad goes, couldn't he just replace the hay bale? No, I guess it's too late for that. Gotta love the red tape!
Prof Julian Lapin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tweek wrote:

Also, right now..I'M ONE OF THEM!

"Vell, it vos very lonely on ze Russian front..."
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so Tweek is actually a giant radioactive ant? Shocked

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
CuzinJohn
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
Ah, yes. A familiar refrain. Sorry to hear about the headache, Tweek. I really, really, really, really hate that crap.

I had a very similar incident not so long ago with Comcast, the evil cable empire.

Yeah... Comcast bites. About 3 years ago the Mrs. and I canceled TV service with them... we got tired of paying for 157 channels of crap that we never got to watch... but we kept the Internet service 'cuz at the time it was the best game in town. 3 months later, they started billing us again for TV service. I called, politely, to see if there was some mistake to be cleared up. The rep on the other end of that phone call was so utterly opposite of polite.

"HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE THAT YOU HAVE CABLE *ONLY* FOR INTERNET!! CLEARLY YOU HAVE A BOOTLEG TV BOX AND ARE TRYING TO GET OUR SERVICE FOR FREE!!

I pull out my pocket recorder and politley ask to speak with a supervisor

"NO!! YOU CAN'T! MY SUPERVISOR KNOWS THIS IS HOW WE TREAT SERVICE THIEVES LIKE YOU!!! DO YOU KNOW WE CAN MONITOR WHAT STATIONS YOU WATCH..."

"Really?" Sez I, "What station am I watching now?" "Uhhh..." sez he, "you're not right now... but..."

I interrupt "and what stations did I watch yesterday?" another befuddled "uhhh..."

"How far back can you look into my viewing data?" "30 Days..."

"Wonderful! what stations did I tune in to on(random date within the past 30 days)?" "uhhh...."

Me: "Brilliant... I'm so glad you can look through my records to see EXACTLY what I've NOT been watching. Did you know that when you go back through a customer's records like that the requests are logged with your personal user ID? And did you know that I've a recording of your ranting and screaming? and did you know that if I call back I'll get a random drone like you who will have no reason to deny me when I ask to speak to a supervisor? And they will hear this recording and be able to determine exactly who you are by the access you've made into my records?"

"uhhh...."

"Thank you and goodnight."

Upshot, the bill got corrected, I got free internet for 6 months, and when i asked the buddy of mine who works for comcast and told me all of the above processes were true (they CAN see what's been watched and the access DOES get logged) he told me that he was sure dude was canned.

Once I had another option, Comcast was canceled.

Sorry... that went a tad longer than I thought... Right now.

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

CuzinJohn's story is awesome.

One comment on that though - in some states, it is illegal to create a recording of a conversation without the consent of both (or all) parties.

HOWEVER... almost every technical support phone call seems to begin with a stock disclaimer that your call may be recorded and if you stay on the line, you agree to those terms. I'm not a lawyer, but I would think that if you hear such a message, it also means it's OK for you to make a recording yourself.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, good job! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 336, 337, 338 ... 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 337 of 375

Jump to: