The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

MYSTTrain-The beginning...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: MYSTTrain-The beginning... Reply with quote

Mysterium 2010... Minneapolis... and an Amtrak train that takes an amazingly scenic and enjoyable 38 hours to get from Seattle to MSP...

I SMELL ROAD TRIP!

I am *GOING* to make this happen next year. Absolutely. I'm poasting here so I have a non-mysterium-offical pplace to brainstorm and organize.
Right now, prelim numbers look like $2600 RT for 8 people, lower level seating (no extra cost than upstairs, more privacy & space, closer to bathrooms) Group rates kick in after 20 people.

If we added 4 bedrooms for 8 people (which then INCLUDES MEALS, and Amtrak meals in the dining car Do Not Suck) it goes up to $4600rt for 8. That still comes to only $575, for something that amounts to travel, accomidations and meals for 2 and a half days.

We would leave Seattle at (estimated times) 4:30 on Tuesday or Wednesday, arrive in MSP at 7:30 am on Thursday or Friday. Returning You leave MSP on Monday at 11pm on Monday, and get into Seattle at 10am on Wednesday. So, roughly a whole week gone.

taniith
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm Amtrak-ing from the other direction, so I can't join in, but I can totally say that its worth it. I spent more than a little time in Superliner sleepers on my way to this year's Mysterium. The Empire Builder is a nice trip, and the travel is very relaxing (and I just had roomettes. Those bigger 'bedrooms' are a decent amount of space). And the eastward trip even has a different menu from most other Amtrak trains Very Happy

People should totally jump on this; great way to get to Mysterium in style. My two cents anyway, I'll go back to lurking now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: