The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

GoMe July Newspaper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Szark
Prolific Explorer
Prolific Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: GoMe July Newspaper Reply with quote

Halfway through another year, time for another Mysterium and time for another issue of the Where R U Uru? paper. This month we have a treat with the start of new series of PodCasting tutorials from Mowog, an intriguing look at "Rezihksehv" (Pod planet) by our very own Editor-in-Chief and hopefully a more challenging crossword. Oh and of course the usual line up. Please sit back put your feet in the cavern and enjoy while we wait together.

To download the full newspaper in PDF format please follow this link.

If you'd like e-mail notification that the issue is ready for download from our Library please us our automated subscription service located on the Front Page of the website.

Also for any late breaking community news please, feel free to use the GoMe News RSS feed. Click on the big Submit News button which is also on the Front page. Help is provided with this new feature. - Both in Text and downloadable PDF tutorial.
Shorah

A Guild of Messengers Publication. Serving the community.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly believe my eyes, that another month has gone by so quickly.

Thanks Szark.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right, Marten, it's irritating... somehow... Razz

Dear Szark and all involved, this Newspaper again was a very much
inspiring, captivating and wonderful read... Very Happy

Actually, it more and more becomes an illustrated magazine or an e-zine
not only for Myst/Uruites but for everybody interested in virtual worlds as
a whole, in astronomy and magic, movie related issues in general, IT-,
webcast and general cyber-stuff... as there are e.g. Rezihksehv and Celestia,
Myst Movie and UruTube, the Editorial, Podcasting etc. etc... well-diversified...
It's just amazing...

Besides that I of course love the news, developments and happenings within
our community and their great projects... Devokan e.g. is new to me and is just
the awesomeness and Tweek's Tochoortahv and Beneath as well... and many
many more... I didn't want to choose, really... Artoveli's Art again is so nice...
...oh, and the crossword puzzle is great...

What I didn't see yet is the "Official Begging & Pleading Thread" ... haha... very sweet...

And I very much love the most beautiful Rel.to banner... 'Why Google it when you can rel.to it?'...
Very nice idea and design...

My answer is absolutely 'no' to the 'Did you know' about Robyn and Rand being on a palauan
postage stamp... Wow!!! Shocked ... Here it is for anybody interested in this one...
It's ID # 117 (the ninth)... they're in exquisite company... hehe...

Yeah, and last but not least I love the new emblem of the GoMe at the bottom of the last page...

So, Szark and all, thanks again so much for a great Sunday afternoon indulging in the realms
of Myst/Uru and its RL correlations... Very Happy
Szark
Prolific Explorer
Prolific Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Janaba for that breakdown. Very uplifting comments which have me thinking, cheers.

Diversifing was an happy accident as it evolved out of little to write or report on. Podcasting tutorial was Marten's idea and Mowog was happy to help. And it is a long one. Keep us happy for a few months. Smile

I was concered that the crossword was too hard. Thanks I can now relax a bit. Smile

Begging thread yeah I like to inject some humour in the paper. Keeps it informalish, well it is a hobby. Wink

Relto Banners were a collaboration between Marten and I and that is not the only one. Smile

Stamp. Arrr I couldn't find the stamp anywhere (methinks I need to work on my searching). Thank you for finding it Janaba I will pop it in next months issue.

New emblem on the bottom, another accident. I was cutting out the Guild logo that is in the GoMe Pub. I was bored and thought why not. Then one thing lead to another. Me playing with photoshop still trying to learn more.

Again I thank you Janaba for taking the time to comment. I really appreciated it.

Marten wait until you start to get a little older, time wizzes past. LOL Too fast for me. it will be christmas next week. LOL

Be well all at the Great Tree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: