The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Radio KTDN Fourth Anniversary!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Radio KTDN Fourth Anniversary! Reply with quote

I did my first-ever broadcast, for UCF Music Night, 2005 June 19. At the time I barely knew what I was doing, having been taught how to broadcast by Donahoo at the Tapestry Happy Hour about a week and a half earlier.

UCF was the Uru Christian Fellowship, started by Andrew C. We wanted to get the name out there, and my background plan was to do some kind of regular musical event to promote healing among the Cavern's many subgroups. Music Night turned into something other than what I expected, so I tried another public event that flopped. Music Night moved to the GoG Shard, then to Great Tree, then to Uru Live and now... who knows? I still broadcast.

That first Music Night all I knew how to do was play entire CDs that had been copied to the computer. I had about 10 available in two main 'tracks: contemplative, and more dance-oriented. We ended up doing the contemplative and that set the tone for successive Music Nights. Uru music, Loreena McKennitt, Riven music. It worked well enough that folks wanted to continue, so I gradually moved my music to the PC and learned how to play individual songs. Eventually I even learned what a playlist was.

Somehow the word went out. Ashtar asked for music for his Great Tree anniversary party. Then I started alternating with Donahoo for the Happy Hour. Eventually I started "Up On the Roof!" as a one-man event. It expanded to a 10-hour extravaganza to accommodate Europeans, with the great help of the Rooftop Volunteer Group. And on we went until the Cavern closed.

Becoming a DJ was easy. Staying as a D'niJ wouldn't have happened without enthusiastic audiences. So, June 20 is the day to celebrate all those hundreds of shows. I don't know what the future holds and am not going to worry about it. For now... (in the words of Ace)

Let's rock!
And waltz
And sing ballads
And go chicken trucking
And jig
And hornpipe
And minuet, sonata, passacaglia and anything else I can think of. This will be the day to pull out all the stops. I'll be talking, too. You have been warned.

Aderyn has offered her space in Second Life for a hangout. Music comes with the space so you just turn on your sound in
SL.

Show starts at
1000 US Pacific
1100 US Central
1300 US Eastern
1800 Zulu and Central European

Wherever you are, you can tune in the music on any media player through the wonders of Shoutcast, server kindly provided by Ashtar. Open this URL:
Code:

http://radioktdn.zapto.org:8025
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! Congrats!!! That sounds great!!! Thank you for the music, your efforts and dedication, LC!!! Very Happy

Go on having and sharing so much fun and puns and jigs and giggles etc. etc.... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: