The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Stick a fork in it. Myst Online: Uru Live is done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten summed up some of my thoughts as well.. Thoughts I didn't dare to write down. Thoughts that I tried to push away. Thoughts that I simply just didn't want to accept.

But now that I read Marten's post, I sadly have to agree and face the truth...
Lord Chaos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that I've had a bit too much Chimay ale at the moment, so spelling and other probplems might crop up herein.

I just finished doing a party for the Guild of Greeters. It was an ilustration of what's great about Uru: the comunity. We had a very good time, just hanging out in theneighborhood and talking about this and that. We danced. why bother? Well, we like it. this is the strength of Uru.

Much as I'm enjoyuing Guild Wars I have to ask myself " Do I like it?" Enjoying is different from liking. there's not much passionate conection. I'll probably never have deep conversation wieht a Guiold Wars player. I'll probalby never play music for an event there. It has the enefit of a huge place and some story, but people are focussed on something much different from what we do in Uru.

Sadly, I think Marten is right. Cyan doesn't get it. they have this communithy and just completely ignore us. there must e some way to do both: let the communithy be, and still make a game that's worth playing.

I could get angry at Guild Wars. I don't like having to kill stuff to get somewhere. I've accepted it as the pice of exploration, unfortunately, but it does bad things to my soul. My need to explore overcomes this. Why can't Uru provide spaces to explore without the violence? Because it's too damned expensive to make ages. We need cheap age-making tools, some way to add cyan's story to what other peole make.

Still, there' sa lot to learn from GW. more interaction than Uru has ever seen. Wow. what a love-hate thing.
Sorry for the spelling. Chimay is good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: