The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

ALL-GUILD MEETING, 8-20, 2PM & 7PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montgomery
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
If Monty wants to read what I write he can come here and read it. My comments are directed at TGT.

It's all good. This conversation belongs here, not in the MOUL Guild forum.

I think if TGT takes on the responsibility of being the watchdog for the guilds, that would be outstanding -- no better organization or group of individuals better suited for the job.

OOC:
[spoiler]One thing I haven't really spend much energy on (yet!) is Cate's comment re her vision for the guilds. While I don't think the DRC will ever take an active role in the running of the guilds, I suspect Cyan has storyline plans for the guilds. I can easily see Cate trying to usurp power via the guilds in a way similar to the way she did in the DRC. Reteltee may or may not be an eventual agent of that -- willing or otherwise. Think of it: getting the players to care about the NPCs has been fairly successful, but if something were to happen to threaten the guilds the explorers themselves bled and sweated to invent?[/spoiler]

I think this is the kind of thing you might want to mention at the meeting. Can I put you on the schedule?

Last edited by Montgomery on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops! I stepped in it now. Embarassed

I believe I can attend the second meeting that night. I'm not sure about The Great Tree stepping up and speaking about an issue we haven't had a chance to fully discuss as a group but if they opportunity arose I could certainly pose it in the form of a question.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double poast goodness!

I managed to stop by the meeting for about a half hour or so. I arrived late and in the middle of the Q&A session with Reteltee. There about 85 people in Kirel and the questions were all valid. The most interesting thing to me was the question of how committed should people be in these early stages of Guild formation. I believe that means in terms of labor and locking any thoughts on how things should work knowing that the DRC could come in at any time and change things.

There were also questions about where the "homes" of the various guilds should be. Reteltee suggested that the Assembly of Guilds would be a good place to start but someone very quickly pointed out (Paradox was the name, I think) that they would NOT be posting their Guild info there. There seemed to be a little attitude in the statement.

But, all in all, everyone was playing nice, little to no friction. I'll look for the chat log over on the other forums and bring it over here...unless someone beats me to it.

Unfortunately I had to leave before Montgomery started the meeting proper. Again, We'll have to look for the chat log for that info.

EDIT: Okay, Montgomery poasted two halves of the very long chat logs HERE. They're about halfway down the page.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Prof Askew Very Happy

I've started to read one of the logs, but then I stopped, cause
they're v e r y long and I didn't want to spend my short evening
just reading about matters, that don't touch me very deep...

Actually I was interested how this all went along and it seems,
as you've already mentioned, that everything was quite nice
organized and everyone was playing nice, that's good...

I hope there'll be a summary anywhere to find out how the
interested factions or parties are going to elaborate and implement
their perceptions and cooperate with each other with regard to
an indeterminate future... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: