The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Project Structure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put this here....

Some people at UO were inquiring about the events of Prologue. Halvor dropped the link to the documentaries when Marantanos inquired whether they will be finished in time for Live. I responded, but Prof and Marten, I hope I wasn't putting words into your mouths.

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Saxy.

I'll post an update there.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

I've posted a position statement on the goals of the Great Tree project here:

http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?showtopic=11530&st=0&gopid=179394&#entry179394
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just excellent!!! Razz
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've ressurected this thread, I'm going to use it for a status update.

In Premiere Pro, I have reworked Episodes 0 and 1 with higher-contrast titles and I've added Dutch and Italian language translations. Words spoken by persons who are off-screen are now in italic. The final translation for "A Prologue Picture" is now consistent between episodes 0, 1, and 2. Many small fixes that most people won't notice are in place.

Tomorrow, I will upload the French versions of Episode 2. I am not going to release Episode 2 in Dutch or Italian yet (see "When Episode 3 premieres" below). When Episode 2 French is uploaded, I will try to finish compositing Episode 3. It won't be ready for release; that will have to wait until next week.

Thursday through Monday I am on vacation.

When Episode 3 premieres, I want to release it in all languages (including Italian and Dutch) at the same time. If I am successful, Episodes 0 through 2 will go up for the new languages on the same day. I am not promising this... I am only letting everyone know that I am going to try.

I also want to have mirror sites set up for the launch of Episode 3. While I am on vacation, I'd like for someone to negotiate with possible mirror sites and negotiate with them for space. With Erik's download manager script, we can be very flexible. If one website only wants to host .wmv files, or only wants to host one language - we can do that. I believe Erik has already indicated that he'd like to host the Dutch versions.

I am actively looking for a Spanish translator. If I can find one quickly and can get all four of the current episodes translated in time, then I will add Spanish to the list of languages.
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Marten! Smile I'll translate episode 2 and 3 ASAP, to fit your scheme. I like it that all languages will be releases on the same day. Smile

Marten wrote:
I believe Erik has already indicated that he'd like to host the Dutch versions.

Yes that's true. If I notice that it doesn't take much bandwidth, I can also host some other languages... I'll see. Smile

Btw, I'm glad you like the script. Wink
Leonardo
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll send you the Episode Three Italian Translation as soon as possible, it is almost finished, it needs only a final revision Wink
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone has a pointer to the log of the meeting where The Great Tree formally opened and defected from Kam's neighborhood, please post it here.

Thanks!

I have added some additional notes and log pointers to the Master Source List for scripts.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I've ever seen that one, I'd sure be interested though...
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rils wrote:
I don't know that I've ever seen that one, I'd sure be interested though...

So would I.

It was through Kam's Relto that this Wanderer first joined The Great Tree.

This poor little n00b was apparently blind to some of the internal politics going on. I'd like to know what led up to the defection, bad blood, and general angst.

Science is how you talk about the universe with words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is how you talk to the universe with words that it cannot ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of a defection and a relation between TGT and Kam's neighbourhood before... so any logs (or a recap) would be very much appreciated by me as well... catching up on a bit of early TGT history.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read Farlesis/NSymon's description of the early history of The Great Tree.

It is here:
http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

As you can see, we've not even reached Farlesis' recollection in our video documentaries. The events he relates are slated for Episodes 8 through 11, or go beyond that. The real formation of The Great Tree happened after Phil's accident and the DRC had vanished from the cavern as they sought in private to find a solution to their funding problem... a solution that, as we all know, did not manifest until two years later in December 2005.

The documentaries will mention that The Great Tree formed from Kinjo no Surudoi but will not go into further detail. Those bones are best left buried; we're all a little wiser now.
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the initial reasons have been that brought me here,
when I'd read those reports, I knew that I'd come to the right place... Very Happy
Quote:
... Then Daedalus gave a talk on the Great Tree and it’s symbolism in relation to the Tree of Possibility and the original home of the D’ni on Garternay.
The Great Tree represents us all, every branch and leaf is each one of us, every member of the DRC, of the Great Tree neighbourhood,
of every neighbourhood down in the cavern, every single person was on the Great Tree and we all had to learn to work together for a
greater good, learn to get on with each other. To find common ground that we could all come to, to share, discuss and help each other.

For D’ni to live both physically and spiritually we had to come and work together. So that became our message, it didn’t matter which
neighbourhood you were a part of, what your viewpoint was, we were all on the Great Tree. It’s a message I firmly believe in and took
with me throughout the cavern, talking to people in various neighbourhoods of working together, of putting aside differences and coming together

Quote:
...If this “new D’ni” is going to thrive, we must learn from the past and not make the same mistakes. We must all work together for the benefit of everyone.
We are all a part of a self-dependant circle. Without one piece of the circle, we will die too. We need the DRC and they need us, the explorers.
It is this truth that the DRC must realize before D’ni can truly be restored. “A house divided against itself will not stand...

This still thrills me and makes me feel excited, cause this corresponds to my deep belief,
not only in the cavern, but also for our lifes on the surface... Very Happy
Now, a log of "that meeting" would be very interesting... Cool

Besides that, the "Documentaries" link on all of that sites is wrong, still with
the bbs linking inside, while the media page has the direct link TGT/media Razz

Another funny thing I've recognized is that there are many german references...
The site for submitting news, resp. telling to register to be able to submit news,
is totally written in german...lol...
Did that happen intentionally or do those pages recognize the nationality and
provide corresponding translations? Razz

Then a little thing on the Uru chatlogs page "You can view them here",
the link that should be "here" is located besides that sentence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: