The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys sure this is the right now thread? Smile

Right now, I think that U R U is where it begins and ends, but that there's an unsaid part at the end of U R U that goes "whoever that U happens to be".

Right now, it's interesting to see who, exactly, in the past few days, has been responsible for changing the course of events down in the Cavern.
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm way behind on my posts, but I 'm just in from work so they can wait Razz

Right now much luff for all the GT peeps Smile
K'Dahta
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am still keeping this thread off-topic Razz

I understand your point, Blade. I think that is the main reason why people create alternate personas.

I guess the reason why I am against it comes down to me not being much of a storyteller. I'm not big on creating fan-stories. For instance, if I develop a certain opinion about something, or want to join a certain "side", I just do it as myself. I'm not interested in pretending to be an archaeologist, professor, or historian. Some people are good at storytelling, and they use these personas to develop convincing backstory, i.e. to tell a more interesting story. My contributions to the cavern come from plain old me, a 19-year-old university student. Maybe I'm just not particularly creative in that respect, or maybe I just like being me. Very Happy
Ragdrazi
Bothersome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Rag, I agree with you that ultimately, we need to reach a point of forgivness. But the rift cannot begin to close until the hostilities cease, and the problem right now is a small set of people with an attitude of "I'll act however I want, and if you have a problem with that, it's your problem, not mine."

Says the person who just twisted someone else's words into witch hunt? /shrug

Marten wrote:
Regarding the tale of Sydney and Vixen Online... yes, the mass purge of alternates at Uru Obsession could be seen as a witchhunt,

Oh my good lord! You don't even see it! This person tried to throw their shame, guilt, and embarrassment onto another avatar. An avatar they have completely gotten rid of now. They tried to take the easy way out to stay being friends with everyone. As opposed to forgiving this person, you still want to outcast them. And you write an incredibly long post who's only point I can see is that you should have the right to outcast them.

No, the problem with this game is that so many here have a very strange personality type. They feel that if they think they are right about something, well then they instantly are! And their utter correctitude grants them the right to act as arrogantly as they wish. Not content to act this way only with regards to other player's opinions of game elements, they also feel they have a right to act this atrocious way with regards to other player's personalities as well.

And then, even as they are attacking others, amazingly, when someone comes along and acts in a way that is not aggressive but maybe they find just a little harsh, they can't take it. You know, I've found myself saying to this group "I'll act however I want, and if you have a problem with that, it's your problem, not mine." because this group has demonstrated that it has only the thinnest of skins. Yet this is the same group that thinks it's ok to dish out some of the most vile ostracizing and arrogance I have ever seen in anything that even tried to call itself a community. Then, when someone comes along and acts in a way the group has arbitrarily declared hostile, often with absolutely no logical reason... well, you know what happens... BAM! Up on the cross they go...

And that's what's happening right now.

The Alphabet

Last edited by Ragdrazi on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ragdrazi
Bothersome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it is still not Vixen Online's fault.

The Alphabet
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K'Dahta wrote:
My contributions to the cavern come from plain old me, a 19-year-old university student. Maybe I'm just not particularly creative in that respect, or maybe I just like being me. Very Happy

Right now, I think being you is just fine, in my opinion. I think U r U is a great option. I am concerned about the fact that the community as a whole doesn't seem to handle the other options very well. Maybe it's just growing pains.

Ragdrazi wrote:
And their utter correctitude grants them the right to act as arrogantly as they wish. Not content to act this way only with regards to other player's opinions of game elements, they also feel they have a right to act this atrocious way with regards to other player's personalities as well.

Right now, I am saying three words: pot. kettle. black.

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm not reading any post in this thread that does not start with "Right now..." Smile

ESPECIALLY if they're longer than two paragraphs.

Right now, Blade has the right idea. Smile

Right now, I'm going to take my laptop and my study materials to a coffee shop to prepare for the flurry of assignment submissions I need to make for next week.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragdrazi, you totally baffle me.

Ragdrazi wrote:
Oh my good lord! You don't even see it! This person tried to throw their shame, guilt, and embarrassment onto another avatar. An avatar they have completely gotten rid of now. They tried to take the easy way out to stay being friends with everyone.

Throwing one's shame, guilt, and embarassment on another avatar is a BAD thing, because it is a DISHONEST thing. Taking the easy way out is a BAD thing, because it is a DISHONEST thing. You speak as if these actions are GOOD things? Do you think being a liar in the attempt to smooth things over with others is the RIGHT thing, for the "benefit of the community"? "Good lord!" is spot on!

Right now, I am withholding judgement about the latest debacle. To bring up the parable of "crying wolf", how do I know that this is not another deceit by Vixen, and that she was not also running the DougIas avatar and is now denying responsibility? I'm not making an accusation here. I don't know. And so I won't make this assumption and I won't hold it against VO. But her past actions cause doubt in my mind, and that is a reasonable and rational thing.

It's all about TRUST. Trust is earned. Lies and betrayal destroy trust. And a community that lacks trust can't hold itself together.

Now... with the above said, I also wanted to say that, Ragdrazi, I agree with you in principle. Trying to do anything in the community today is like walking on eggshells. People are hypersensitive and prone to crucify, just as you say. I just happen to believe that you've chosen a bad example in the case of Vixen Online. There are people who've been attacked that didn't deserve it.... but I rely upon my experience and my intuition and both tell me that VO is not an innocent victim.
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I think all of the heavy Uru debate needs to be moved out of the "Right Now" thread and into its own thread...

Right now I have just realized that I don't need to meet my Business Strategy group until tomorrow night, not tonight! /cheer

Right now I'm thinking about skipping some homework time today to go visit my grandma and wish her a happy 84th birthday!!! (And she looks barely a day over 72 Smile ).
Cycreim wrote:
Right now, I'm going to take my laptop and my study materials to a coffee shop to prepare for the flurry of assignment submissions I need to make for next week.

Right now I'm wishing Cyc the best of luck! (I feel your pain. Razz )

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now... I want my Right Now thread back!

Right now thats mainly cause I can't face most of the other threads elsewhere on the boards just now Sad
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm giving Dan {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUUUUUUGGGGGSSSSSSS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Very Happy

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now YAY! Saxy hugs are the bestest! Very Happy
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm wondering why, if Ragdrazi dislikes our group so much, has Ragdrazi chosen to come talk with us on our group's board.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now,

I think that's a rhetorical question. Twisted Evil
AztecConsulting
Prolific Explorer
Prolific Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm actually glad to not be a member so I don't have so much invested that drama consuming others on this board would affect me. I get to just float on by the tempest that rages about me.

Right now I am going in the other room to catch up my TIVOed shows from last week and start cleaning the house.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 123 of 375

Jump to: