The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

The Kidnapping of Phil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: The Kidnapping of Phil Reply with quote

I was re-reading over some of the chatlogs this morning in preparation for one of the scripts, and found myself looking at the kidnapping of Phil. I know this was a very momentous event, as evidenced by some of the chat logs that follow, but the log doesn't really give the full story. I know Brian and Daed were there, maybe others. Could you guys tell the story as you remember it, with as many details as you can? Many of have heard the general idea, but I don't know that I have a clear picture in my head of exactly what happened. Would you mind sharing with us?

"And be honest, this is for posterity..." Wink

~Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cricket:

:cricket:

I'll admit this isn't purely personal interest. At some point we'll hafta write a script for this event, and the more info we can get from primary sources the better!
First Lady of the Great Tree
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally sat down with the chat log and made a script of it. I consulted heavily with Daedalus, who was there for the event and remembered it well. Also got some points out of Brian who was there too. I think we've done a thorough job reconstructing events and are as accurate as we're going to get, so we got a bunch of filming done today! The first part of the script needs finalizing, especially to have some of the philosophical discussion weeded out of the first part, since much of it isn't necessary to the story.

If you'd like, maybe you can get the whole story through the episode? Very Happy Tell us how educated you feel when you've seen it?

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: