The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Right Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 373, 374, 375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we're on a shiny new page Very Happy
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I wish I could skip my group meeting tonight and visit Jean instead. We're planning for a big, scary presentation tomorrow that'll be the educational equivalent of standing in front of a firing squad.

*feels like she needs to go to the bathroom just thinking about it*

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Chuck
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxy wrote:
Right now I wish I could skip my group meeting tonight and visit Jean instead. We're planning for a big, scary presentation tomorrow that'll be the educational equivalent of standing in front of a firing squad.

Right now I want to say "Good Luck" to you and Jean on your presentation. Wear something nice like a Kevlar blouse. Laughing

But really, good luck to the both of you. I'm sure it won't be all that bad.

Edit: oops!! I read the "We're" incorrectly. Embarassed (As I've said before, I live in the State of Confusion. Confused ) So, Good Luck to you Saxy, and whomever the rest of the "We're" are. Smile

MOUL KI: 192990

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power
The World will know Peace.
(Author Unknown - saw it on one of the best bumper stickers I've ever seen.)

Last edited by Chuck on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind, Chuck! Saxy was referring to her and her group, though, not to her and me.

Right now I'm feeling fortunate that I'm not actually involved with Saxy's presentation, though it would be cool if she could come visit.

Remember, Saxypants! It might feel like a firing squad, but you're not going to die! A few years from now it'll be a trivial memory.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Chuck
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moiety Jean wrote:
That's kind, Chuck! Saxy was referring to her and her group, though, not to her and me.

Right now I'm feeling fortunate that I'm not actually involved with Saxy's presentation, though it would be cool if she could come visit.

Remember, Saxypants! It might feel like a firing squad, but you're not going to die! A few years from now it'll be a trivial memory.

Thanks for correcting me Jean. I added an EDIT to my post above to express my confusion Confused and embarrassment Embarassed

Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be embarrassed for saying something nice! ^_^

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe, thank you Chuck! And BTW--welcome back! It's good to see you around again. (Oops, the "we're" is my fault. You were correct in thinking it was referring to Jean because that was the last noun mentioned in the previous sentence. But it's actually my group at school.)

Jean, you're totally right. No one is going to die, and I should remember that the only opinion that matters to me is my professor's. And although he can be intimidating and scary at times, his bark is worse than his bite. He's actually a really nice and forgiving guy grade-wise. I'm still a little nervous, though!

Anna Catherine
Folklorist
Folklorist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm trying to get work done, but being less than fantastically productive.

About 50% of my brain is otherwise engaged trying to remember the dances my folk dance ensemble is supposed to be leading/teaching at a downtown pub tonight. We've only done each dance a time or two, but they're not super-complicated, so I'm really hoping my kinetic memory is going to kick in. Wink I think it's going to be fun, assuming I don't make a total fool of myself. Well, maybe even then. Smile I just hope people 1.) come, and 2.) actually dance. This can sometimes be a problem on pub nights, so I hope people will come through for us. If not, I suppose "leading" will become "have fun dancing all by ourselves while people stare awkwardly." Good times! Very Happy
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I was just "wandering" around here and I'm amused as always..lol... Wink

Right now I didn't find a better place for the post I'd like to drop and
so I'll do it right here right now... Very Happy

Hello, my Sweethearts, (hope it’s ok to call you like that lol / comes from within the heart) Smile

I’ve already apologized within a PM to Marten, that I didn’t talk to you all, yet.
In December of 2006 I found new friends in UU and went to their forum since then…
Now, that my life has totally changed, I decided to leave the cavern and the forums
as well and to do different things and jobs on the surface…
I think this will be good for some time. Maybe one day I’ll come back and I hope and
I’ll go on praying very much that our wonderful MOUL will firmly establish in the world
and among the other MMOs… Razz

I’ve always wanted to post something but until last week everything wasn’t so very
clear and I really don’t like vague statements…

You are such a wonderful community here and so I thought you could very well
live without me…lol… that’s why I didn’t think too much of it, not to come here
for some time etc… Professor Askew declared this once at a wonderful THM as
a “hive” – “We are like a hive” he said…that was so sweet and true…*hug* Wink

(btw, I love the D’ni Network – great idea, congrats and wishing all the luck…)

Ok, my friends, what more is there to say… of course, we’ve had great and funny
times in UU and here in the forum, too, and I’d like to thank everybody of you for
her/his part on it…*even more hugs*

As I’ve told Marten already, I’ll translate one more Episode, means the 4th one,
but for the future ones I’d like to please you to find somebody else.
(In case, you really don’t find anyone, please send me a mail, of course.
In general feel free, anybody of you, to write to me, if anybody likes to… )

Also, I won’t be available as an “actor” anymore…lol…but I’m very sure there will
be enough people having a lot of fun to participate…

I wish all of you a wonderful, challenging and adventurous time in MOUL
full of fun and everything anybody of you might hope or expect of it…

Blessings, Love, Light and Peace to all of you

Jana Very Happy

edit: Saxy, I really love your sig Wink
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'm sorry to see Jana go and I hope she finds time to come see us again! Take very good care of yourself, Jana! Thanks for all your help with the translations.

KI#44727
homerjay
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, pasta is cooking.

Right now, I'm bummed cuz I thought I'd be able to make it home super early, but alas no.

Right now, I'm super bummed that my pickup is in the shop for another day, with a cracked flywheel that just upped the ante' Sad

Right now, 1 week till LOST.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I've just used up my quota of cheerful positive rah-rah, and I am in serious danger (ooh! as opposed to flippant or silly danger, LOL) of laying a fierce smack-down on the next person to cry foul over the closing Until Uru.

So right now, I'm going to stop checking the Uru Live forums... at least until tomorrow. Wink
Chuck
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saxy wrote:
Awe, thank you Chuck! And BTW--welcome back! It's good to see you around again.

Right Now I want to say 'You're welcome Saxy'. And thanks, it's great to be back.

I hope you did well. If you don't mind saying, how did you do on your presentation?

Anna Catherine wrote:
About 50% of my brain is otherwise engaged trying to remember the dances my folk dance ensemble is supposed to be leading/teaching at a downtown pub tonight. We've only done each dance a time or two, but they're not super-complicated, so I'm really hoping my kinetic memory is going to kick in. I think it's going to be fun, assuming I don't make a total fool of myself. Well, maybe even then. I just hope people 1.) come, and 2.) actually dance. This can sometimes be a problem on pub nights, so I hope people will come through for us. If not, I suppose "leading" will become "have fun dancing all by ourselves while people stare awkwardly." Good times!

Right Now I'm wondering how AnnaCat did with the folk dance ensemble at the pub. How'd it go? At least 50% of your brain is having fun!!! Very Happy

janaba1 wrote:
that my life has totally changed, I decided to leave the cavern and the forums as well and to do different things and jobs on the surface…

Right Now I want to wish Jana Luck and Peace on her new paths. Good Luck Jana and Shorah!! Smile Sorry to see you leave the cavern, even if only maybe for a while. Sad

Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jana! I'm so glad you've returned even to tell us the (sad) news you'll be leaving for good. We were worried about you! I totally understand about surface obligations, though. I hope your new job is treating you well! Please come back and tell us how you're doing every once in a while. You're such a sweetheart and will be missed. Smile
Chuck wrote:
If you don't mind saying, how did you do on your presentation?

Thanks for asking! It was bitter-sweet. To make a long story short, my team (acting as "internal consultants" for a Starbucks marketing problem; we presented recommendations to the SBUX President, Board of Directors, Managers, stakeholders, and shareholders--all parts played by other teams in the class) worked for several hours together over the past week to create a stellar presentation. Even so, we were STILL working on the report and presentation up until two minutes before class. We had to run to the classroom to get there on time and pretty much jump right into our presentation. Since I had just formulated my portion of the presentation in the previous half hour (because we were all busy running the final number calculations for our recommendations) and we didn't practice presenting it at all, I was so scatterbrained that I gave my worst presentation in three years. This broke my heart because I'd like to think one of my core competencies is being able to give a great speech and to really entertain and "grab" the audience. I pretty much fell on my face today. That was the bitter part. The sweet part was that I made up for it in the question and answer session (one of the most important parts of the whole meeting); I was able to answer almost all of the questions being thrown at my team with poise and authority. Smile

Okay, so that wasn't quite a short answer. Sorry! XD

Right now I'm leaving school only to go home and read a case study until I fall asleep. Right now I'm really looking forward to hanging out with Jean and Eleri on Friday. (I need it!)

Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm double poasting.

Right now I have to get this off of my chest because I feel HORRIBLE about it.

So I was driving home tonight on a pitch-black road at 10:30 PM going about the speed limit, 35 MPH. About 20 feet ahead I saw something that looked like a plastic bag in the road. At about 15 feet... I'm sure you see where this is going... I realized it was a opossum as it was slowly turning in a circle to look at my oncoming headlights (although I think opossums are blind; don't quote me on that). At this point I was going too fast and the animal was too close for me to slam on my breaks and miss it, and even if I tried to swerve out of the way I'd still hit it because it was in the very center of the lane and approaching fast. The best I could do was move my car directly over it so that it could fit between the wheels without getting hit. Unfortunately my car is only about a foot (and a half?) off of the ground and I think I braised its back because I heard a light thump under my right foot at the center of the car. It wasn't a dramatic bump by any means but I'm sure it was enough to kill the poor thing. I don't think I've ever killed an animal before. I feel horrible, and now I'm looking over my back for Karma.

Right now I'm thinking today was a relatively eventful day.

Right now I'm relieved to find out I don't have a case study to read for tomorrow after all.

Right now I'm glad I have this forum that I can mind-dump onto.

Right now I hope all of my posting isn't driving some of you nuts, but right now you're the only people I can talk to because Kev is out of town and no one is around.

Last edited by Saxy on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 373, 374, 375  Next
Page 118 of 375

Jump to: