The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

ResEngs and us

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: ResEngs and us Reply with quote

Attended my first ever ResEng orientation session tonight, I caught ResEng C.Lambert. The Professor was about for the first part and Cuzin dropped in for the last. It was interesting. It was nice having a DRC rep to chat with even if some things (like age release dates and such were "classified")

It only occured to me to start a log after he said (and I copied this down to a pad since I started the log afterwards)

Quote:
"I cannot go into detail but I can say please keep your eyes open. Familiar faces may show up soon"

Aside from finding out that he'd visited Tsogal and Delin and that he once pushed the ResEng M.Dogherra in the 'hood stream there wasn't much else... although at the end of the session I got curious what he would say if I raised the subject of ourselves.

Quote:
(01/03 02:30:33) dcos: can you tell us anything about a group named The Great Tree? i believe they had something to do with a member of DRC staff back in the day
(01/03 02:30:57) ResEng C. Lambert: I am not authorized to discuss that, Dcos. I am sorry.
(01/03 02:31:47) ResEng C. Lambert: Well, I think that ends this Q&A session. I will be back at the top of the hour for another orientation
(chatlog edited to remove PMs)

I can understand not wanting to advertise our little group, but we did play a part in the restoration back in the day, even it is a negitive part from the DRC's point of view. Just not talking about us is a bit off... although perhaps he was just running out of time.

Regardless it gave me an idea which I will raise elsewhere.
Malakh
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've attended sevral orientations and for the most part that is there standard answer to anything that is outside of the purpose of the orientations. I beleive the DRC has told them that they are to olny discuss and answer questions that are within the context of the orientation.
Dusante
Woot
Woot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whent to one, found it interesting that the reseng said there is no government in the cavern and the DRC isn't the government either.

Kinda makes me wonder if that should be our new angle Razz
BladeLakem
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ResEngs definitely put their own spin on things Wink

Myst Embassy: http://www.mystembassy.net
Myst Headlines - http://news.mystembassy.net
MOULagain KI#27460
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: