The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Prolouge Summary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'laamas
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Prolouge Summary Reply with quote

Hey all, this is my first post on these boards *waves meekly*, but I do know some of you from the Cavern & elsewhere.

I've been writing up a montage of D'ni history, with 1 page for each major area--The Ronay, The D'ni, The Fall, & The Rediscovery. For The Restoration, most of the notable information happened during the Prologue, but I cannot find any details on that time.

I know the basics--Phil disappearing, Phil reappearing, barricades, protests, Sharper's revolt outside the Pub, Phil dying/disappearing, Dr. Watson leaving, & the DRC losing funding.

But there aren't any detailed accounts of what happened, or any real [/chronology] of those events. I didn't get much help on the Uru web-boards, so I thought I'd try here, since The Great Tree played a significant part in the Prologue.

I by no means want to "steal your thunder" & just get all the information out instantly, when I know that you're working hard on the Story of the Great Tree movies (which are good so far, btw Smile), but it'd be nice for those of us who weren't there to have a general idea of how things happened, especially since you're definitely not going to finish the movies before the Cavern is officially opened again.

So, could some of you give me the info I need? I'm hoping to write a full page covering the important information of the happenings of the Prologue.

.chev shem kh'tayrom (-=
K'laamas
D'ni History Buff
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site should give you some pointers on when Phil dissapeared, reappeared, Sharper caused some of his trouble, when Dr. Watson left and when Phil apparently dying.

Last edited by JohnLynch on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah, K'laamas.

There are two levels of scope you might want to look at.

There is a very good thread at the Uru Live forums, sticked, by geekmonger. It is titled "The Story So Far..." http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4215
This posting tries to encompass all of what we know of the history of D'ni, with links to various timelines and such.

If your interest is solely of the Prologue, you may be interested most in just one of those links, to vid's "The Restoration So Far..." thread at DRCsite. You'll find that here: http://www.drcsite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1163 I find vid's recap to be reasonably accurate and free of bias.

Beyond those summaries, for more detail you are simply going to have to look at the old DRC forums, at posts from both the DRC and the explorers over the brief months wherein the original Restoration attempt occurred.

You may also wish to interview explorers who were there in the Cavern when it all happened. You'll find that a number of people from the documentaries we've covered so far are still active today, including Zardoz, MrM3FaN, and Tweek. Look at chat logs and at postings at DRCsite and you'll find other explorers who are still around today as well. I think you'll find a variety in perspectives about the Restoration, and no one person can really tell you the full story.

Finally, you can get a "heads up" on how the Prologue documentaries are going to proceed by checking out this message: http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=9744#9744 It contains links to the specific chat logs we are planning to use for the future episodes of our project. We feel that these particular logs best represent the most crucial events of Prologue. But that is, of course, our group's opinion and may not be shared by others.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot, another great resource is Uru Obsession's "Cavern Today" archive - which summarized events every day in the cavern.

Cavern Today Prologue Archive
K'laamas
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!chev shem b'fahsee, John & Marten

I should be able to find everything I'm looking for now. And it'll go much quicker than if I just started digging through the DRC forums Wink

If you come across anything else that would help, it would be much appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: