The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

My Explorers Journal (Spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: My Explorers Journal (Spoilers) Reply with quote

I thought I'd dig out my old journal and post it. See if anyone finds it interesting. It may help some of you understand me better, too. (OOC) Practicing my writing skills here. Hope you enjoy. Smile

Nov. 10th, 6:07pm

I've finally given into this feeling I've been having. I have to find out what's been haunting my dreams at night. The visions of a ruined city. The murmurs that echo through them in some strange, yet familiar language. Maybe I'm just going crazy.

I sold my books, stereo, and several other things of mine and purchased a plane ticket to New Mexico. I don't know why, but I think that is where I need to go. Haven't said anything about this to mom and dad. I don't think they'd understand, let alone condone what I'm doing. My flight leaves in 12 hours. I only hope I'm doing the right thing.

Nov. 12th, 4:35pm

If I weren't sitting here looking at it, I wouldn't believe it. I don't know where to begin...

Forgive me, journal, but this is all so incredible that it's hard to put down into words. But I will try as best I can to recap the past few hours of events.

After landing yesterday, I spent the night at a rather run-down hotel. In my sleep, I had another of those strange dreams. This time it was of a tall rock structure in the desert, and a small cleft at the foot of it. I remember looking down from above all of this and hearing a woman say one word to me that I will never forget. Shorah....

When I awoke, I knew which way to go. I can't explain how, but I did. Later this morning, as I traveled down one of this states dusty highways, I stopped and bought a map of the area, including the desert. Using this instinct I seem to have aquired, I found the formation on the map and plotted the quickest route I could find. I made my way as far as I could in the car I had rented, then got out and walked several miles under the midday sun.

Let me mention something right now. Even though it's late fall, New Mexico is hot! At least it's not humid.

Anyway, after an hour or two of walking, I came upon a fence that said it was private property. But beyond that fence lay the place I had seen in my dream. I carefully climbed the gate and went passed the fence. I made my way up over a hill and saw a trailer parked nearby, as well as a man sitting in a lawnchair, cooking a steak.

At this point I was sure I was in deep trouble because of trespassing, so I went over to apologize. The man listened to me introduce myself, then interupted me and told me his name. Zandi. Strange name, and a strange man. But he told me he knew why I was there, and that he knew I had been somehow called there.

I tried to ask him about what was going on, but he told me that my answers would be found in the cleft. I thanked him and headed over to the cleft, which I found to be a nice, cool relief from the beating heat of the sun.

In the cleft I found a device, that after some investigating, I managed to power up and activate. I now know that the device is some sort of hologram projector, which blows my mind. The thing is obviously very old, and yet it can do something that modern science has yet to achieve. Anyway, I'm rambling away from the point...

I stood and stared in awe at the image of the woman who appeared from the device. She was slightly transparent, giving her a ghostlike appearance, but I was more intrigued than frightened. The image told me her name was Yeesha. She spoke of the underground city, (D'ni she called it), and of others coming to see the city apart from just me.

As she spoke, I studied the image. Aside from her strange clothes and tattoo on her face, she was rather lovely. Her voice was soft and alluring in it's soft, sad tones... Yes, sad is a good word for Yeesha. Although it was simply an image, I could see the sadness in her eyes. She asked me to find a series of things she called journeys. These turned out to be strange clothes with a symbol of a hand on them. The clothes light up in a strange pattern when they are touched, and I have yet to figure out how in the world they work, or even exist for that matter.

After a fair amount of searching the area, I found all seven, and approached the strange door in the tree at the bottom of the cleft. The door opened and allowed me to climb down an old ladder into a musty, dank cave. At the back of the cave, I found a book laying open on a stone stand. I picked it up and looked at the picture in the square on the right hand page. Without realizing it, I raised my hand and touched the page. The instant I did, I heard a strange hum, and then the world collapsed and faded around me.

I have to stop here and collect my thoughts. I'll right more after I've slept some.

- Kam
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this'll be in short incriments. While I'm editing the other entries, perhaps you guys could give me some feedback. (This is all fictional, after all.) Wink
KiKi
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wow! That Is Absolutely Lovely and Spine Tingling! Your journal is a really cool idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: