The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Second Life Boutique
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think the IC/OOC war is bad... imagine if Uru started some kind of open economy like SL? Cool

Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that marketing in the cavern concept that we were discussing, Bri. Ugh!!! Razz
CuzinJohn wrote:
Neat concept... but I think it results in too many folks wrapped up in a cyber-society and they begin to lose touch with the 'real' world.

Exactly. I was telling Kev ("Mr. Saxy?" *lol*) about Second Life. Kev is a very skeptical guy of online games and communities, with the exception of Uru. Even so he has no plans to return to Uru because he's afraid of getting sucked into a virtual world that he can't afford time-wise right now. It also really bothers him that people let themselves get lost in virtual worlds when real life is what they should be focusing on.

That being said, he was a little worried when he saw me downloading SL after I was fascinated by the concept of this virtual economy. But when I mentioned in passing that he could create, for instance, a golf course, own it, and charge people to play a round just like in real life, he got a sparkle in his eye. His passion is golf and he could only dream of creating his own golf course in real life, so I could tell he was a little excited about this prospect. It got me thinking about making a virtual golf course as I'm a golfer, too. Unfortunately I think there are a lot of barriers to entry, like I'd have to design the physics, graphics, buy the land, etc. That just seems like a huge undertaking that I have absolutely no time for. Maybe someday...

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Life Hit By Massive In-Game Worm

This must be Cyc's doing. Wink
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll show 'em.
kami
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes......there are those in second life who just want to see how much grief they can cause.

est and i have been in second life since uru was sent to bed.

we had sooo much fun..like exploding with dus, cloning cats and peeper thingys.....we also have a contraption that builds enormus sized objects ...... she and i made a sim size object depicting a certain part of the male anatomy.... Embarassed ....it was so large it showed up on the second life map......so we just had fun and behaved goofy.

est is famous there now as a clothing designer and has also begun a real life buisness that integrates the virtual stuff with real world projects.......and yes she gets paid....enough to cover the costs of a sim we bought............. with enough left over to invest and make her real life more comfy......she's wonderful.......doing so well and is soooo talented.

as for the avatars..........second life spoiled me....the avatars are so good and approaching life like.....combine that with the clothes ...uru eat your heart out ............

dus help me post some of our pics??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: