The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Removal of the Lattice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moiety Jean
First Lady of the Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Removal of the Lattice Reply with quote

Per the DRC's recent meeting with the Liasons, they have informed us that we are soon to be parted with KI's, and I bet it's likely The Great Tree Shard will soon be inaccessible as well.

This worries me, a lot. We need UU to customize our filming options. Without Ashtar's capabilities we cannot accurately portray the DRC members, or recreate arrangements of barricades.

I wonder if we should re-work our order of priorities. Should we begin to mash out the scripts, and get all of our endangered film work finished before finishing the assembly of any more episodes? This would put our release schedule off track, I'm certain, but it would ensure that we would have our film stages and our characters.

Please tell me what you think we should do. I would be grieved to see our documentaries cut short because we lost our locations. I would be willing to dedicate all of my free time to scripts until we feel that they are all finished. Then scenes could be triaged according to how much use we would make of the UU shards.

This could, potentially, streamline our filming process as well, since actors could stay and get scenes for multiple scripts finished in one session. It could mean less cat-herding, but I'm sure it would mean many changes for our photographers, hats off to them..

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honest opinion is to continue at our current rate of speed. Marten is extremely busy as it is. And with his flair for perfectionism, he doesn't need the added pressure of a deadline. I'm only starting to get behind the camera again and I'm not prepared to double my efforts. Remember, this project is meant to be fun at all times. Racing against the clock is the opposite of fun. If our project gets interrupted, so be it.

I will continue this discussion elsewhere.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ: Cyan has always been good about keeping the shard owners informed concerning future UU operations, and I can tell you now that there has been NO indication whatsoever that all of the UU shards will be taken down when the lattice is disconnected. To be OOC a bit, the auth server for D'mala is completely seperate than the one used for the other UU shards. That's why invites work on D'mala but will not work on our shards, and that auth server is maintained by Cyan. The one we use is still maintained by Chip. And I'm sure that if the auth server for the other UU shards like mine was to be disconnected, the shard administrators would be informed. (Edit: Well we might be informed, but it could be on short notice. I would hope that's not the case)

Ashtar

Last edited by Ashtar on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is anything I can do to help speed things up, before the Cyan Authorization Server goes down, please let me know! Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, Ashtar! Razz

I'm full of confidence and aside from all qualms
we all know that Cyan loves our video project, too Wink
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Removal of the Lattice Reply with quote

Moiety Jean wrote:
Per the DRC's recent meeting with the Liasons, they have informed us that we are soon to be parted with KI's
Do you mean they informed you (us) separately from the DRC Liaison meeting? If so could you point me to where/quote what they said?
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just what I said. "Per the DRC's recent meeting." The transcript (don't have a link offhand) of the DRCL meeting is where I've gotten this info.

KI#44727
"There is a certain beautiful danger when a group of geeks get together to entertain themselves." ~Orin Drake
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Removal of the Lattice Reply with quote

Replace "Per" with "At", and perhaps the statement will be clearer?

Quote:
At the DRC's recent meeting with the Liaisons, they have informed us that we are soon to be parted with KIs.

References:
http://www.mystembassy.net/drcliaisons/?q=node/550
JohnLynch
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, thanks. I thought that might be it, but I thought perhaps they had also confirmed afterwards that yes we would be needing to hand in our KIs, so I thought I'd ask to find out for sure what you meant Wink
Moiety Jean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Per" means "according to"... t'was perfectly clear..

Thanks for finding the link, Marten!

KI#44727
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what we got from the DRC is that the Lattice is being *upgraded*, and it's not definate that the KIs will quit functioning, just that they might, if Laxman's upgrade goes wonky.

And...well...we all know what can happen when you upgrade hardware...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: