The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

An official Apology to The Great Tree

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: An official Apology to The Great Tree Reply with quote

I am making an official apology to the members of the The Great Tree movement. My post on the UO forums was intended as an in character thing only. I was not meaning this in anyway as an out of character remark on the beliefs or personalities of the members. But that was how it was taken. I was trying to stand up for what I personally believed in, the singularity and individuality of every player in the game. I picked out Kam because there had been remarks about his intentions, and I was under the false pretense that he was in fact the leader of this cause. So I felt I needed to confront him, in character, and see if was for real. In character I did not agree with him, but that has nothing to do with what he may be as a real human being. I was unaware that he did not know I was logging the conversation, nor did I have the slightest clue to what his personal references were until we had spoken. We resolved that issue between us. But this is for the rest of you. None of this was directed at you. I was acting in character, and I was responded to with a lot of anger and malice out of character. And it hurt. Now some I used to get along with won't even speak to me. I know a good many of you, and wouldn't dare try to bring your good names crashing down. You are all intelligent and fun people to talk to, and those I do not know I would love to know. I want to get back to basics, to play for the fun of one another's company.

The goals that were trying to be expressed were for in character play. I still am reeling from the amount of personal hatred I have recieved, and criticism I have fallen under. I am seeing more and more now how I cannot stand what roleplaying can do to people. So please, if you respond, please don't remind me, I am smart enough to recognize my mistakes, and where I will make my improvements. I don't need any reminders on how much of an ass I appeared to be. I feel bad enough. I am only human. I would hope you would judge me for the normal person I am, and not for the person I portray. I want the same things everyone wants, to belong, to feel accepted, to make great friendships and cherish them for some time to come. Please understand, I respect every one of you, and hope your numbers grow. I guess I cannot play a role anymore, I play it too well. If you have anything personal to say to me, please feel free to email me or catch me in my hood, Unbound Hearts, and I will be as I have always been, and should have kept in perspective all along, a good listener and and a helping hand.
brian
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorm,
You're a good person. Please try not to take any of what is said anywhere personally. I, for one, know how hard it can be sometimes. People easily make assumptions and jump to conclusions.

Take a step back and look at it from a different perspective.
/shrug

Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaen, Vormaen, Vormaen. Let me be clear about one thing: Not for one minute did I think you were talking out of character. Never did I think yours was a personal attack. Nor were my responses as they were in character as well. It's a shame that others in our group took it personally. I thought your approach was intriguing. And also suspect...IN CHARACTER. I have not yet read the remaining replies at UO since I last posted. Sounds to me from your message here like you got blasted. That's a shame. Personally, I was looking forward to the challenge. What I said to Kam somewhere around here applies to you as well; Be true to yourself. That's partially what the Great Tree is about. I don't know where you can go from here. Douglas Sharper no longer seems quite the person he was in the early days. People (in character) change. As far as I'm concerned the door to the Great Tree 'Hood remains open to all.
Zen-17
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vormaen, when I initially read your topic post, I believed it to be akin to the Fox News 'We report, you decide'--their biased reporting and further 'analysis' leaves little to be decided. Then I scrolled down further, and surprisingly, you seemed apologetic--stating that you had meant well, and demonstrating goodwill through compliance in the deletion of his transcript.

But when I looked back at your initial post, I found myself torn, because your message seemed to connote a desire to discredit the Great Tree, and I found it hard to believe that you were not aware of this when you submitted your topic. In contrast, your words held strong connotations that stated the opposite.

Until I read this post, I was leaning toward the poor opinion of you, and so I apologize. I have not judged your character fairly. There was potential for this occurrence, it was just waiting to happen. In retrospect, this has served to motivate the Great Tree to make the push to organize our beliefs.

In the face of the disastrous situation your words unleashed, you handled it all very well, Vormaen.
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for being understanding. In character as well as out I have always distrusted government and it sickens me the way the real world works. I could never try and discredit a whole group based on 1. a single idea they we passing around, or 2. the express ideas of one person on that very idea. I give people more credit than that. In real life Kam is just like me, we tend to be kinda alpha males, and the more we argued, the more our views strayed from ever sharing a common view. So that was our real personalities at work. I think we both wanted to be right, to feel we really stood for something. I can tell you in real life, I have never really had the chance to be accepted. There were always people using and abusing for their own goals. And me helpless to stop it. So in a way my IC character was an extreme overdraw of myself. Uninhibited and way too forward. I thought at first this would be a strength. But now I know it was not what others needed or wanted.

So I will do as Estrelle says, and just be myself. Stand up for what I believe in, but remember the others around me who make it possible to share those ideas. Again I hope to see you guys inside. Embarassed
Moonbeams
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so D'ni grows, one step at a time....
This is part of the journey...
Part of the whole, journey.....

Shorah....
Moon.... Wink
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonbeams wrote:
And so D'ni grows, one step at a time....
This is part of the journey...
Part of the whole, journey.....

Shorah....
Moon.... Wink

Amen to that Moon Smile
Kam Uraki
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said earlier. Apology accepted, Vor.
D'rumMath
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think your rant helped make more people aware of the GT hood than would have occured if nothing happened.

You served a role in the big pic!

For that, Vor, you should be pleased!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Neighborhood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: