The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Project Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yeesha shirt is mentioned as early as Episode 1. We can make it a running theme; or let it be mentioned only once, or whatever. Up to you guys.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filming dates based upon the schedule and my personal calendar are now tentatively defined.

Sun Sep 10: 10AM - 12 PM Pacific - Episode 2 Part 2 - Public filming
Sun Sep 10: 3 PM - 6 PM Pacific - Episode 1 - Private filming
Sat Sep 16: 8 AM - 8:30 AM Pacific - Town Hall filming (music video)
Fri Sep 22: 7 PM - 9 PM Pacific - Episode 2 Part 2 - Private filming
Sun Sep 24: 9 AM - 12 PM Pacific - Episode 3 - Public filming *
Sat Sep 30: 9 AM - 12 PM Pacific - Episodes 3 & 4 - Public filming

* Yes, I know this is the day of the Seattle Get-Together.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cleared the schedule and will just try to focus on short-term goals.

I'm posting here to bring people up to date with where I am. I was unable to work on things for the past week and a half due to getting ready for a trip to Atlanta, GA, then actually being there, all for work purposes. Now that I'm back I can get back to this project.

I can film and assemble some portions of Episode 2 without needing anyone else's help, and that will be my primary focus on Sunday. I'll use Professor Askew's latest cut at Episode 2 and stay mindful of information that MrM3FaN provided to me about Laxman and Phil's positions in the cavern. I've sent a PM to Ashtar asking for some customizations to the GT shard for this filming, though it isn't strictly necessary.

If I have time, I'll also move into assembling some of the footage I already have for Episode 3.

At MrM3FaN's convenience, I'll try to get times scheduled to film the rest of Episode 2. I am not certain when this will happen.

On Sunday, October 22, I'll do public filming for Episode 3.

If someone else is up to it, I'd like to let someone else tackle filming and assembly of Episode 4. If you think this would be a fun learning experience, here's what you'll need:
* A computer with a big hard drive (You should have 60 to 80 gigabytes of free disk space)
* Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0. This is very expensive software but I was able to get it for cheap from a friend who works for Adobe, and I know that Blade (Eleri's hubby) also works for Adobe and he's mentioned he might be able to get the product for a discount. I got the full Adobe Production Studio Premium (Premiere Pro 2.0, Photoshop CS2, Audition 2.0, Encore DVD 2.0, and Illustrator CS2), a $1600 value, for $120 through my Adobe friend.
* DirectX capturing software. I use FRAPS ($37, www.fraps.com) although there are several similar programs, and they may be cheaper. I'm pretty happy with FRAPS.
* Strongly recommended: Two computers capable of playing Until Uru, and the ability to operate both at the same time. This will allow you to run a camera avatar and a director avatar. Alternatively, you could use TeamSpeak and give directions verbally to a chosen representative, who could then relay commands to everyone else through KI chat. If you don't do things one of these two ways, you'll be swapping in and out of KI chat mode during filming, and filming will require about 3x as much effort and time.

I will also be available to coach people through using Premiere Pro (as much as I know, at least) and I can provide a sample project showing how to put an episode together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: