The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Abandoned Places and Infiltration
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - the easiest way to get somewhere is to pretend you belong. We used to just walk in places we didn't belong just to see how long it would take to get caught. Public buildings, office complexes, school departments, hospitals, whatever.

The funnest (and scariest) one was in hawaii - we were down by the docks, and this cruise ship had a big door open with no one watching it. We stuck our heads in, and it was like a food storage area or something. So we walked on board and started poke around, and then we heard people coming, saying "no, I think that's the last of it, lets get her closed up so we can get under way..." At that point we threw "pretending to belong" out the window and ran like heck. Getting stuck in the bowels of a cruise ship wasn't on the plan for that evenings activities! Embarassed

~Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was talking about this subject with a flatmate of mine after a lecture the other day. The lecture had been held in the Royal College building of my campus which is the oldest and most interesting. On a whim we decided to follow a little corridor we have never noticed before and it lead to an assembly hall that had been left open. It was gorgeous, all this lovely cornicing. It was empty save for a grand piano on the stage. So, steeling our resolve to be daring we went on the stage and tinkled out a small tune before closing it again and leaving at a leisurely pace.

Sounds like a small thing but what a rush! Guess I'm so used to not exploring the urban landscape that a small thing like that gets my heart going.

Gonna explore my campus much more over the coming weeks. Next mission is to find out how high I can get in Livingston tower, the views of the city must be amazing from up there.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Dan! It starts... Good find on the piano, seriously.

Luckily, you Scots have a much more lenient trespassing law than we do here in Canada. Admittedly though, a $70 fine is still pretty lenient.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember fellas - It's easier to get forgiveness then permission.

One of the rules I live by... Twisted Evil

~Rils
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Randomness Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: